46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Kawasaski Vulcan 800 Classic
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
- 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
With the pulse of a 805cc V-twin engine, valanced fenders and chrome wire wheels, the Kawasaki Vulcan® 800 Classic motorcycle features the style and unlimited customizing potential of its 1500 Classic sibling.
The heart of the Vulcan 800 Classic is the 805cc V-twin engine, which features a single-pin crankshaft and a gear-driven balancer to reduce vibration. Finned cylinders and four-valve heads are liquid cooled for optimum thermal control. Concealed automatic cam chain tensioners preserve the engines clean lines, while simultaneously allowing maintenance-free, precise cam timing. A spin-on oil filter also helps keep maintenance at a minimum.
A 36mm Keihin carburetor equipped with an accelerator pump gives the Vulcan 800 Classic its quick throttle response. To take advantage of the engines broad torque curve, the five-speed transmission enhances the strong acceleration and creates a relaxed engine pace at highway speeds. The transmission also features Kawasakis exclusive Positive Neutral Finder, which simplifies finding neutral while at a standstill.
The single-backbone, double-cradle frame gives the Vulcan 800 Classic stability at highway speeds and maneuverability on city streets. At the rear of the frame, a sleek, triangular steel swingarm and hidden Kawasaki UNI-TRAK® linkage rear suspension system provide a smooth ride while maintaining the look of a hard-tail cruiser. Up front, the 41mm fork aids handling and offers a wide stance for the classic cruiser look.
Features & Benefits
V-Twin 805cc Engine with Gear-Driven Balancer
- Torque from idle to redline
- Balancer allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
Four Valves Per Cylinder
- Better breathing for more power and low end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
Liquid and Air Cooling
- Finned cylinders and heads combine with liquid cooling to maintain consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
- Ratios designed for great acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- Kawasakis exclusive Positive Neutral Finder
36mm CVK Side Draft Carburetor
- Equipped with an accelerator pump for quick throttle response
- Two-stage air intake with paper air filter element
- Right down-tube unbolts for easy engine access
- High tensile steel for strength and light weight
Low Stepped Seat
- Confidence inspiring, both-feet-on-the-ground stability
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Compact and modern instrument cluster with nostalgic style
Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition with Digital Timing Advance (TCBI)
- A hot spark at all engine speeds for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
41mm Front Fork
- Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
- Wide fork pitch for classic look
Disc Front Brake
- A single 300mm disc with hydraulic caliper keeps the front end lean while providing sure stops
48-Spoke Custom Wheels
- Chromed steel rims and spokes with spool-style polished aluminum front hub
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Single shock absorber with seven-way cam-type preload adjuster
Sleek Swingarm Design
- Triangulated, steel swingarm provides hard tail appearance
- Engineered for rigidity, provides more precise handling with good tire and chain life
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, V-twin, 8 valves
Bore x stroke: 88 x 66.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK36
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32° / 4.8 in.
Suspension, front: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with seven-way preload adjustment
Wheel travel, front: 5.9 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.9 in.
Tire, front: 130/90 x 16 tubeless
Tire, rear: 140/90 x 16 tubeless
Brakes, front / rear: Hydraulic disc / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 93.5 in.
Overall width: 36.6 in.
Overall height: 44.5 in.
Ground clearance: 5.3 in.
Seat height: 27.8 in.
Dry weight: 516 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 63.0 in.
Colors: Pearl Luster Beige, Candy Persimmon Red