46 Years of Models
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Model Guide
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Bike Buyer's Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on
Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
KAWASAKIS 2007 NINJA® ZX-10R COMBINES AWESOME POWER WITH AGILITY AND GRACE
Racetrack performance with real-world stability
It didnt take long for Kawasakis original Ninja® ZX-10R sportbike to earn a reputation for dominating horsepower and excellent handling. The second generation ZX-10R continues that domination, featuring a racetrack-focused chassis and more horsepower than any other open-class supersport. Street riders and backroad enthusiasts will also appreciate the ZX-10Rs solid stability and predictable handling, thanks to its superb engineering.
With excellent mid-range power and a screaming top-end, the ZX-10Rs ability to accelerate out of corners is aided by its linear power delivery and enhanced traction provided by its long swingarm. This makes it easier for riders to capitalize on the ZX-10Rs horsepower advantage.
Designed for the rider who feels at home in racing leathers, the ZX-10R delivers unmatched track performance. A short wheelbase coupled with a long swingarm gives the bike outstanding maneuverability and excellent rear wheel traction. Even more to the liking of experienced racers, the Ninjas concave tank top and the relationship between pegs, handlebar and seat only magnifies its appropriateness for the track.
The ZX-10R shines in the upper speed ranges, thanks to a fairing, seat cowl, and dual under-seat exhaust system which are designed for slippery aerodynamics and a clean look that sets it apart from its competition.
When arriving at the next corner faster than the competition, the rider needs brakes that are up to the task. Not only does the ZX-10R offer impressive stopping power from its dual floating 300mm petal discs, radial-mount four-pad/four-piston calipers and radial-pump master cylinder; it also provides precise modulation and a consistent feel at the brake lever.
The ZX-10R features an adjustable, race-spec, twin-tube, Öhlins steering damper with relief valve. The twin-tube damper uses the second tube like a reservoir tank to help ensure consistent performance under demanding race conditions.
At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilitieswhether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.
- Incredible Power-to-Weight Ratio
- Race-Oriented Performance
- Track-Tuned Handling
- Aggressive Aerodynamic Styling
998cc Four-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Very compact, narrow and lightweight design
- The upper crankcase and cylinder are a one-piece casting, which is more than two pounds lighter than using a separate cylinder and offers increased rigidity. A slanted casting process rotates the piece during casting to eliminate imperfections and excess casting material
- Channels in the case mounting surfaces route oil to various parts of the engine, eliminating oil lines and saving weight
- Crank axis, input shaft and output shaft create a stacked triangular layout that reduces engine length and lowers the center of gravity
- Narrow engine design allows excellent ground clearance for 52 degrees of lean angle
- Round (not cam-shaped) throttle pulley provides low throttle resistance and combines with revised ECU mapping to provide linear transitional power characteristics when the rider gets back on the gas coming out of a turn. Ultra-fine atomizing fuel injectors aid combustion efficiency and power output
- Lightweight Denso radiator has tightly packed cores for optimum cooling
- A high-efficiency, liquid-cooled aluminum oil cooler uses specially designed internal fins to dissipate heat and cool the oil
Four-Valve Cylinder Head
- Compact valve train reduces cylinder head height
- Intake ports and coolant passages developed using flow analysis for efficient cylinder filling and more power, and maximum cooling efficiency
- Camshafts are carved from forged chromoly billet, which is more than one-half pound lighter than cast cams. The cams and tappets are treated with soft nitriding to prevent galling and seizing with the aggressive, high lift profiles
- Single valve springs with oval cross sections are light and lower to reduce overall cylinder head height
- Forged sintered aluminum spring retainers are half the weight of steel retainers and allow higher rpm
- Forged pistons are lighter, stronger and more heat resistant than cast versions. Flat-top design matches the compact combustion chamber and improves combustion efficiency
Ram Air Induction
- Central ram air duct produces a straighter path to the airbox for maximum intake efficiency and provides the mounting surface for the instrument panel, eliminating brackets and weight
- Flow analysis used to design efficient ducts to the airbox that also prevent water from reaching the air filter
- Compact airbox and air cleaner are highly efficient and contribute to the compact riding position
TCBI Ignition with Digital Advance
- High-speed 32-bit ECU processor provides precise engine management
- Spark plug-mounted ignition coils are compact and help reduce weight
Titanium Exhaust with Butterfly Valve
- All-titanium system provides the ultimate light weight exhaust
- Butterfly valve, located before the exhaust splits to the mufflers, is controlled by rpm, throttle position and gear position to improve low-end response and help smooth overall power. Optimum exhaust tuning is attained at all engine speeds to prevent blowback that can occur with high speed overlapping valve timing
- The splines on the transmission shafts are barrel ground so the gears slide smoothly for improved shift action
- Close ratio transmission increases circuit performance
- A back-torque limiting clutch automatically disengages the clutch under hard braking and deceleration to prevent rear wheel hop during corner entry. Optional springs, spring retainers and shims are available to fine-tune the clutch for specific conditions
Aluminum Twin Spar Backbone Frame
- Combination of pressed and cast aluminum components are welded to form the twin-spar backbone-type frame. By combining cast and pressed pieces frame weight is kept to a minimum while still providing high strength and stability with responsive handling
- Twin-spar backbone design provides 600cc class width
- Die-cast, one-piece subframe is strong and light
- Chassis features optimum center of gravity for easy roll response, this is particularly important when riding through a series of esses or returning to vertical as the rider exits a corner
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
- Short, compact frame allows the swingarm to be longer, which makes it easier to control rear wheel powerslides
- Rear shock is fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping. Ride height can be adjusted by adding/removing optional 1mm shims at the upper shock mount
- Equipped with top-out spring that allows the rear wheel to better follow the road surface when the rear end is light due to hard braking
- Small piggyback shock reservoir is designed to save weight
43mm Inverted Cartridge Front Fork
- Kayaba 43mm inverted cartridge fork provides exceptional rigidity
- Equipped with top-out springs which allow the front wheel to better follow the road surface when the front end is light due to hard acceleration
- Stiff settings suitable for track use
- Fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping
- Six-spoke cast aluminum wheels are practically as light as race-specific wheels. The six-spoke design requires much less material between spokes so that rim thickness is thinner and lighter
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 55.0mm
Maximum torque: 84.6 lb-ft @9500 rpm
Compression ratio: 12.7:1
Fuel injection: DFI with Mikuni 43mm throttle bodies (4)
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Transmission: Six speed
Final drive: X-ring chain
Rake / trail: 24 degrees / 4.0 in.
Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tire: 190/55 ZR17
Wheelbase: 54.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height / 4.9 in.
Front brakes: Dual floating 300mm petal discs with four-piston radial-mount calipers
Rear brakes: Single 220mm petal disc
Overall length: 81.3 in.
Overall width: 27.8 in.
Overall height: 44.5 in.
Seat height: 32.5 in.
Dry weight: 386 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
Color choices: Lime Green, Passion Red, Candy Plasma Blue, Ebony
Warranty: 12 Months