46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki SV650S
2007 Suzuki SV650S
2007 Suzuki SV650S
Welcome to a bike that combines middleweight agility with V-twin power - and tops it all off with aggressive and sporty styling. The 2007 Suzuki SV650S.
Middleweight sport bikes are known for their responsive handling, and the SV650S is engineered to set the standard for its class. With its light and rigid aluminum-alloy truss frame and technically advanced suspension front and rear, it invites you to carve up the canyon roads with complete confidence.
The SV650S offers an equal measure of V-twin excitement. It's loaded with
advanced designs, starting with a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine that
boasts a wide powerband with crisp throttle response and strong acceleration
in every gear. What's more, its 90-degree V-twin design offers perfect primary
balance, which results in smooth performance and comfortable open-road riding.
- New twin spark plug cylinder heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions.
- Compact 645 cc, 90 degree liquid-cooled V-twin, DOHC 8-valve engine tuned for strong low to mid rpm power
- 90 degree V-twin cylinder layout eliminates primary vibration without a counterbalancer, keeping the engine simple and compact
- Lightweight chain-driven DOHC, shim-under-bucket valve system with 31 mm intake valves and 25.5 mm exhaust valves
- Electronic fuel injection system featuring the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) - maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output - includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
- High capacity liquid-cooling system enhances engine performance and durability - coolant routing is integrated with the clutch cover and engine case for a cleaner look and reduced weight
- Smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission with vertically staggered transmission shafts for a shorter, more compact crankcase
- Plastic outer clutch cover and engine sprocket cover for reduced weight and noise
Lightweight 2-into-1 exhaust system tuned for strong low and mid-range torque
- Sleek half-fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights and folding mirrors
- Narrow, lightweight aluminum truss-style frame constructed with high-vacuum die-cast process for more consistent strength and fewer individual welded sections
- Black-painted frame, swingarm, and wheels for more sport appearance
- 41 mm front fork with 130 mm of wheel travel provides a smooth, compliant ride
- Link-type single-shock rear suspension with 7-way adjustable preload
- Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight with high torsional rigidity
- Powerful dual hydraulic disc front brakes with 290 mm floating rotors and adjustable brake lever position
- Single disc rear brake with 240 mm rotor
- Compact instrument cluster includes analog tach, LCD speedometer, odometer/tripmeters, and temperature gauge, plus LCD clock and low fuel warning light
- Steeply-angled tail section houses unique vertically-styled, high visibility LED taillight and compact rear fender
- Large under-seat storage area, passenger grab-bar and tie-down hooks
- Slim 4.5 gallon fuel tank with low fuel warning light
- Hinged fuel tank swings up for easy access to the airbox and throttle bodies
- Wide radial tires mounted on lightweight, 3-spoke cast aluminum wheels
From the Press Release:
2007 SUZUKI SV MODELS
For many riders the sound and feel of a sport V-twin motorcycle is the only way to go. A throaty exhaust note coupled with exceptional torque and agile handling are the primary reasons so many riders choose two cylinders instead of four. The award winning SV650 and SV650S provide a great starting point for new riders, but with enough performance to keep even experienced riders smiling. The larger SV1000S provides even greater performance, but with all the high-tech features and performance that Suzuki is known for.
2007 SUZUKI SV650S
The Suzuki SV650 and SV650S are widely known as being the best bang for the motorcyclist buck.
Their throaty exhaust note coupled with exceptional engine torque, agile handling, and stylish good looks are the key reasons so many riders choose to ride the Suzuki SV650 and SV650S.
New for 07 the SV650 series will now be available with ABS and additionally all SV650 models come equipped with new dual spark plug heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions.
Powering the SV650 and SV650S is a reliable 90-degree 645cc V-twin engine tuned for crisp throttle response and class-leading horsepower and torque. The 645cc motor utilizes four valves per cylinder, with a 11.5:1 compression ratio and an over-square bore and stroke of 81.0mm x 62.6mm. Cast aluminum pistons feature cut-away sides and short wrist pins for minimal reciprocating mass and a slick shifting six-speed transmission gets power to the rear wheel.
An aluminum-alloy truss-style frame designed for minimal weight and maximum strength provides a home for the sporty V-twin powerplant, and in conjunction with preload adjustable forks and an aluminum-alloy swingarm offer exceptional handling and stability. The SV frame sections are constructed as a single precision die-casting using a pressurized vacuum molding process that eliminates air bubbles and porosity for improved consistency and more accurately controlled rigidity.
Front suspension duties are handled by a preload adjustable 41mm fork combined with a preload adjustable single rear shock bolted to an aluminum alloy swingarm at the rear. Rolling stock consists of radial tires mounted on 17 inch aluminum wheels front and rear with dual disc brakes up front and a single disc rear brake.
The SV650S still wears a slick half fairing housing dual multi-reflector
headlights while the SV650 utilizes a classic round headlight with a sport
styled cowl for a refined and modern look. A high visibility instrument cluster
features an easy-to-read analog tachometer, digital LCD speedometer, odometer,
tripmeter, coolant temperature gauge and low fuel indicator. Completing both
machines are maintenance free LED taillights positioned beneath a sleekly
angled tail section.
Engine: 645 cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90° V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 81.0 x 62.6 mm
Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2085 mm (82.1 in.)
Overall Width: 730 mm (28.7 in.)
Overall Height: 1170 mm (46.1 in.)
Seat Height: 800 mm (31.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 155 mm (6.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 169 kg (372 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, fully adjustable preload
Suspension Rear: Link-type, 7-way adjustable spring preload
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/60-ZR17
Tires Rear: 160/60-ZR17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.) 16 liter (4.2 gal.) CA model
Color: Blue, Red
All Specifications and features are subject to change