+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Yamaha V-Star 650 Silverado
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Silverado
Road trip ready.
With a dressed-out V-Star Silverado, you'll know how there's nothing more satisfying than the relaxed beat of a V-twin out on the highway. Except maybe the knowledge that you didn't have to spend a fortune to get there.
To create the V-Star 650 Silverado, we took the award-winning engineering and styling of the V-Star 650 Classic and piled on some of our most sought after extras: an adjustable windshield, studded seats*, a comfy backrest, and leather saddlebags. (*Standard in Canada and optional in the USA.)
This bike is perhaps best known for its awesome styling, but it's also remarkably light and easy to ride - and affordable. Value added features like the windshield and saddlebags make the 650 Silverado the perfect entry level casual cruiser. Get an eyeful of the classic styling, legendary Yamaha reliability, and a whole lot of extras. If you don't mind us saying so, we think you'd look pretty cool riding one.
- Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
- This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
- Twin 28mm Mikuni carbs with throttle position sensor (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
- Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery.
- Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
- Transistorized coil ignition means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
- Classic, chrome, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling but is easy to service the paper type air filter.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or splatter.
- 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine output. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
- Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
- Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
- Stout, large-diameter double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- Long 1,625mm (64") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
- Beefy 41mm front fork with Road Star-inspired shrouds offers 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride. The large-diameter fork shrouds, upper triple clamp and handlebar holder are all chrome plated to highlight the value of this very stylish machine.
- 7-step, spring preload-adjustable single shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions. Rear wheel travel is 98mm (3.9").
- Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it reduces the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
- Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
- Plushly padded, low-profile, rider and passenger seats provides exceptional rider comfort. The low 710mm (27.9") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
- Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
- Police-style windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a "convertible", the windshield can be quickly removed.
- Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
- Roomy, leather saddlebags look great, maintain their shape and provide ample storage for casual touring trips.
- Wide retro-style handlebars fitted with extra wide levers provide a quality feel. Polished handlebar switches complete the package.
- Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
- Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
- Large 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
- Classic fuel tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Chrome 60/55-watt halogen headlight
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery
- Beautiful 3-D fuel tank and 3D side cover emblems reinforces the Star family's attention to detail and value.
- Steering lock
- Locking storage compartment under side cover adds convenience and security.
- Self-cancelling turn signals with new stylish clear signal lenses
Engine air-cooled,SOHC,70°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke 81 x 63mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Maximum Torque 5.2kg-m (37.5 ft-lb) @ 3,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BDS28
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive shaft
Suspension (Front) 41mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Single 298mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 170/80-15
Length 2,450mm (96.5")
Width 930mm (36.6")
Height 1,450mm (57.1")
Wheelbase 1,625mm (64")
Seat Height 710mm (28")
Dry Weight 229kg (503.8 lb)
Fuel Capacity 16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black; Dark Metallic Purplish Blue
USA: $7,299 (Galaxy Blue/Raven) Available from July 2006
$7,299 (Raven) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner's Manual and all labels before operation.