46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda CRF150R
2009 Honda CRF150R
The award-winning CRF150R and big-wheel CRF150RB pack genuine
high-performance four-stroke power into mini racers. They feature Unicam engines,
race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for truly groundbreaking
New for 2009
· New Black color (2009 special color).
· High-Performance Unicam® cylinder head design (see Technology Section)
· Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
· Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
· Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
· Forged 11.7:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
· Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
· Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
· Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between the two exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
· 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
· Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
· Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
· Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
· Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
· Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
· Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. A six-disc clutch provides the surface area necessary to handle the engine's impressive torque while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
· Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF®150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
· Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
· Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
· Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
· Removable subframe is strong and durable.
· 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
· The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
· Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
· Tapered-roller steering-head bearings for durability.
· Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
· Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
· Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
· Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
· Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
· Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
· Seat-cushion foam follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
· Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
· High-quality Dunlop tires.
· HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
· Adjustable front-brake lever.
· Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
· Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
· When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Limited color run, less than 500
2009 Honda CRF150R - USA Specifications
MSRP: 0,000 USD
Model: CRF150RB-Expert / CRF150R
Engine Type: 149cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 66mm x 43.7mm
Compression Ratio: 11.7:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel
Induction: Keihin 32mm flat slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/56T (CRF150RB-Expert) / #420 chain; 15T/50T (CRF150R)
Suspension Front: 37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.5 inches travel (CRF150RB-Expert) / 10.8 inches travel (CRF150R)
Brakes Front: Single 220mm disc
Rear: Single 190mm disc
Tires Front: 70/100-19 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 70/100-17 (CRF150R)
Rear: 90/100-16 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 90/100-14 (CRF150R)
Wheelbase: 50.6 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 49.6 inches (CRF150R)
Rake (Caster Angle): 27°48' (CRF150RB-Expert) / 27°02' (CRF150R)
Trail: 96mm (3.85 inches) (CRF150RB-Expert) / 78mm (3.07 inches) (CRF150R)
Seat Height: 34.1 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 32.8 inches (CRF150R)
Ground Clearance: 13.2 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 11.9 inches (CRF150R)
Fuel Capacity: 1.14 gallons
Black (2009 special color)
Curb Weight*: 187 pounds (CRF150RB-Expert) / 183 pounds (CRF150R)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride.
Limited color run, less than 500
2009 Honda CRF150R - Canada Specifications