+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda CRF150R
2009 Honda CRF150R
The award-winning CRF150R and big-wheel CRF150RB pack genuine
high-performance four-stroke power into mini racers. They feature Unicam engines,
race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for truly groundbreaking
New for 2009
· New Black color (2009 special color).
· High-Performance Unicam® cylinder head design (see Technology Section)
· Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold.
· Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds.
· Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
· Forged 11.7:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
· Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
· Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
· Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between the two exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
· 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
· Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
· Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
· Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
· Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
· Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
· Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. A six-disc clutch provides the surface area necessary to handle the engine's impressive torque while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
· Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF®150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics.
· Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
· Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
· Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
· Removable subframe is strong and durable.
· 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
· The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
· Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
· Tapered-roller steering-head bearings for durability.
· Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
· Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
· Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
· Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
· Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
· Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style.
· Seat-cushion foam follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
· Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
· High-quality Dunlop tires.
· HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
· Adjustable front-brake lever.
· Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
· Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
· When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Limited color run, less than 500
2009 Honda CRF150R - USA Specifications
MSRP: 0,000 USD
Model: CRF150RB-Expert / CRF150R
Engine Type: 149cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 66mm x 43.7mm
Compression Ratio: 11.7:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel
Induction: Keihin 32mm flat slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/56T (CRF150RB-Expert) / #420 chain; 15T/50T (CRF150R)
Suspension Front: 37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.5 inches travel (CRF150RB-Expert) / 10.8 inches travel (CRF150R)
Brakes Front: Single 220mm disc
Rear: Single 190mm disc
Tires Front: 70/100-19 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 70/100-17 (CRF150R)
Rear: 90/100-16 (CRF150RB-Expert) / 90/100-14 (CRF150R)
Wheelbase: 50.6 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 49.6 inches (CRF150R)
Rake (Caster Angle): 27°48' (CRF150RB-Expert) / 27°02' (CRF150R)
Trail: 96mm (3.85 inches) (CRF150RB-Expert) / 78mm (3.07 inches) (CRF150R)
Seat Height: 34.1 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 32.8 inches (CRF150R)
Ground Clearance: 13.2 inches (CRF150RB-Expert) / 11.9 inches (CRF150R)
Fuel Capacity: 1.14 gallons
Black (2009 special color)
Curb Weight*: 187 pounds (CRF150RB-Expert) / 183 pounds (CRF150R)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride.
Limited color run, less than 500
2009 Honda CRF150R - Canada Specifications