+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Honda Metropolitan CHF50
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Honda Metropolitan CHF50
2009 Honda Metropolitan CHF50
Exceedingly cool. Ultra-stylish. And downright miserly at the pump. That's the Metropolitan - the perfect combination of fashionable and fuel-efficient. And for 2009, this fully automatic, 49cc scoot adds two new colors - Graphite and Ghost - to its already eye-pleasing palette of colors. No wonder it's the ride of choice for hipsters everywhere.
Want great mileage without giving up style? The Metropolitan® delivers, and also provides riders with easy-to-operate features and a wide variety of colors.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New Graphite and Ghost colors join Ocean and Monza. Graphite and Monza colors include Chrome Mirrors, a Chrome Muffler Cover, 3-D Chrome Emblems, Black Wheels, a Black Belt Cover and a Two-Tone Custom Seat.
- Efficient four-stroke engine uses substantially less fuel and significantly reduces exhaust emissions over a comparable two-stroke engine.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power (see Technology Section).
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminum chassis contributes to the Metropolitan's maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
- Lockable underseat compartment provides nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
- Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping Constant-Velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan's floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and smooth operation.
- Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
- Twin-downtube fork provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable stopping power.
- The Metropolitan's CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping (see Technology Section).
- High-grip, long-lasting tires.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or even a full-face helmet.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
- Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
- Convenient rear hand grip.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under the seat.
- Shopping-bag holder.
- Backup kickstarter.
- Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage
available with a Honda Protection Plan.
When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive
a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®,
which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits,
access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations
apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Rear Carrier.
- Rear Trunk.
- Front Inner Basket.
2009 Honda Metropolitan CHF50 - USA Specifications
MSRP: 2,049 USD
Engine Type 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Induction 18mm CV with automatic choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension Twin-downtube fork; 1.9 inches travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Front Brake Drum
Rear Brake Drum with CBS
Front Tire 90/90-10
Rear Tire 90/90-10
Wheelbase 46.9 inches
Seat Height 28.3 inches
Curb Weight 176 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuelready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 1.32 gallons
Emissions Meets Current CARB and EPA standards.
Available Colors Ocean, Ghost, Monza, Graphite
Model ID CHF50
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
2009 Honda Metropolitan CHF50 - Canada Specifications