+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
Back to 2009 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
KAWASAKI VULCAN® 2000 CLASSIC LT: TOURING MADE EASY
Impressive cruiser equipped for rewarding journeys
Is it time to hit the road again? Intrepid travelers need look no farther than a fully-dressed Vulcan® 2000 Classic LT cruiser. The popular Vulcan 2000 Classic LT is a feature-packed traveling machine, ready to roam straight from the showroom floor.
Building upon the performance inherited from the top-of-the-line 2,053cc Vulcan cruiser family, the Classic LT pushes the traditional cruiser potential higher with extra attributes appealing to those more interested in weekend jaunts than simple weekday commuting. Standard features on this stylish cruiser include saddlebags, passenger floorboards and backrest, and a windshield.
The striking, top-grain, reinforced cowhide saddlebags are the core of the Classic LTs touring package. The leather is carefully selected to minimize flaws and deep-dyed to prevent scraping off the finish. These ideally-sized bags feature a slant-top opening held shut by two 1.5-inch wide leather straps fitted with chrome buckles and stealth quick-release fasteners. Rolled and riveted lid tops along with metal reinforced upper edges on the bags help maintain shape and keep unwanted moisture out of the bags.
Comfortable seats for the rider and passenger are a must on a tourer. The Classic LT offers both along with a backrest to keep the passenger relaxed and smiling as the miles tick by. Detailed with chrome plated brass studs to match the bags, the classically styled seat and backrest blend attractive visual appearance with comfort.
More touring pleasure comes from the thick, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen. It offers adjustable height and delivers serious wind protection and smooth airflow around the rider and passenger.
Power for this stylish motorcycle comes from a massive 2,053cc V-Twin fuel-injected adrenaline pump. The muscular engine sports a 103 x 123.2mm bore and stroke, forged pistons, alloy-steel connecting rods, a huge 220mm flywheel, and dual cams located within the one-piece crankcase.
Right-side pushrods actuate four valves per cylinder and help reduce the 125 cubic inch engines height; allowing a low center of gravity and relatively low seat height. Hydraulic valve lash adjusters automatically maintain zero valve clearance and provide a smoother, quieter operation.
Its chrome air cleaner cover is nestled between the black matte finished cylinders artfully contrasting the polished metallic cooling fins, which manage the temperatures for the bottom three-quarters of the engine. The top quarter of the V-twin engine is liquid cooled. Further cooling assistance comes via the oil and water pumps incorporated in the engine and transmission which also serves as the oil tank.
Feeding the big V-twin is a fuel injection system with dual 46mm throttle bodies and sub throttle valves, all managed by an electronic control unit (ECU). Included in the Vulcan 2000 Classic LTs advanced electronics is a gear position sensor in the transmission that sends signals to the ECU, which refines the fuel injection volume and ignition timing. This performance improvement combined with an iridium spark plug ignition system, the sub-throttle valves and fine atomizing injectors deliver a sharp throttle response, big power and optimum fuel economy in a smooth, linear powerband.
Final drive to the rear wheel is provided by smooth, quiet and low maintenance belt drive. That classic V-twin rumble from the Vulcan 2000 Classics dual polished mufflers thanks to its single-pin crankshaft will delight cruiser enthusiasts. Vibration dampening dual counter balancers and rubber engine mounts mean long sojourns can still be broad smile inducing.
The engine is a member of the Vulcans steel, double-cradle frame, which has a large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone. A simple but elegant rear steel tube swingarm suspension with a direct-action single shock provides 3.9 inches of travel, and includes spring preload and rebound adjustment. Up front, a large 49mm fork provides more precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel.
The Vulcan 2000 Classic LT includes a bullet-style headlight, chrome instrument panel with a large-face speedometer mounted on a stretched, 5.5-gallon fuel tank, the V-shaped panel keeps the rider informed with an LCD display and warning lamps.
This Vulcan motorcycle rides on bright, cast aluminum 16-inch wheels with a 150/80 front radial tire and a wide, 200/60 rear radial tire. Two beefy 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake with a two-piston caliper bring this show to smooth, powerful stops.
While it comes with special features as part of the package, this motorcycle empowers further customizing. The broad selection of authentic Kawasaki accessories available through Kawasaki dealers gives Vulcan 2000 Classic LT owners plenty of opportunity to do just that.
2,053cc, 52° V-twin Four-stroke Engine
- The 125 cu. in. engine produces massive torque across the entire rpm range
- Strong and light forged pistons and alloy connecting rods
- Huge 220mm flywheel smoothes power delivery
- Push-rod valve actuation contributes to lower engine height, low center of gravity and relatively low seat height
- Hydraulic valve adjusters reduce maintenance
- Liquid and air cooling combination maintain consistent operating temperatures
- Engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, reducing the number of parts and weight
- Single-pin crank provides the desirable power-pulse feel and classic Vtwin sound
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection and digital ignition system for optimized throttle response
- Fuel injection system features sub throttle valves for a smooth, linear power band
- Fine atomizing injectors in the fuel injection system deliver ultra-fine fuel/air mixture for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy
- Center spark plugs enhance combustion for smooth, consistent power and reduced emissions
Transmission / Final Drive
- A gear position sensor in the five-speed transmission sends signals to the ECU, further optimizing fuel injection and ignition performance
- Smooth, quiet, reliable and low maintenance belt drive
Frame and Suspension
- Steel double-cradle frame features large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone for strength
- Utilizing the engine as a stressed member of the frame minimizes chassis weight
- Steel tube swingarm is simple and elegant
- Large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel
- Direct-action single shock features spring preload and rebound damping adjustment with 3.9 inches of travel for a smooth ride
Wheels and Tires
- 16-inch cast aluminum wheels add to the Vulcan 2000 Classic LTs visual appeal
- 200/60R series rear tire is the largest stock tire size fitted to a production V-twin cruiser
- Radial tires enhance handling and give it a firm, planted feel
- Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and single rear disc brakes provide smooth, powerful stops
- Bullet-style headlight
- Spacious 5.5-gallon fuel tank provides for long-distance road trips
- Thick, optically correct acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow and cruiser style
- Strong chrome plated steel supports
- Two-position height
Seat and Passenger Backrest
- Detailed with ½-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
- Strong chrome plated steel supports
- Made of reinforced top grain cowhide carefully selected with minimal flaws and deep dyed to prevent scrapping off the finish
- Slant top opening lid, secured with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps with chrome buckles and quick release stealth fasteners
- Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
- Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
- Rolled and riveted top lid minimizes water entry
- One-half inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT - USA Specifications
Engine: Four-stroke, 52-degree V-twin, dual cams, eight valves
Bore x stroke: 103.0 x 123.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum torque: 141 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm
Cooling: Liquid, plus cooling fins
Induction: DFI with Keihin 46mm throttle bodies (2)
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission: Five-speed with positive neutral finder
Final drive: Belt
Frame: Steel, double-cradle with box-section single-tube backbone
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 7.2 in.
Suspension, Front / Wheel Travel: 49mm telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Suspension, Rear / Wheel Travel: Triangulated steel pipe swingarm with direct-action single shock, with fully-adjustable spring preload, eight-way rebound damping / 3.9 in.
Front Tire: 150/80-16
Rear Tire: 200/60-16
Brakes, Front Dual 300mm discs with four-piston calipers
Brakes, Rear: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper
Overall Length: 99.8 in.
Overall Width: 40.4 in.
Overall Height: 58.3 in.
Ground Clearance: 5.3 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Wheelbase: 68.3 in.
Curb weight: 884.2 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.5 gal.
Colors: Two tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Candy Diamond Red
Two tone: Neutron Silver / Candy Imperial Blue
Warranty: 12 Months
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT - Canada Specifications
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT - UK Specifications
Not Available in the UK
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.
Thank for supporting