+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Harley-Davidson Police Electra Glide
Back to 2011 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Police Electra Glide
2011 Harley-Davidson Police Electra Glide
There's something undeniably right about a cop on a Harley.
The second century of Harley-Davidson police motorcycles is underway - and thanks to innovative new technology, this year's models are argubly our most capable, dependable police motorcycles ever.
2011 Harley-Davidson Police Electra Glide - Specifications
MSRP - See your local retailer for pricing information.
Length 95.1 in. / 2,416 mm
Overall Width 38 in. / 965 mm
Overall Height 61 in. / 1,549 mm
Laden 27.3 in. / 693 mm
Unladen 30.7 in. / 780 mm
Ground Clearance 5.1 in. / 130 mm
Rake (steering head) 26 (deg)
Fork Angle 29.25 (deg)
Trail 6.69 in. / 170 mm
Wheelbase 63.5 in. / 1,613 mm
Type 3 Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and rear
Front Model D408F
Front Specification BW 130/80B17
Rear Model D407
Rear Specification BW 180/65B16
Extended Description Bead-retention tires designed to remain on wheel during sudden loss of pressure. Sealed, automotive-style wheel bearings requiring no end play adjustments and service interval of 100,000 miles (160,000 km).
Fuel Capacity 6 gal. / 22.7
Reserve Fuel Capacity, Fuel Injection (warning light) 1 gal. / 3.8
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 4 qts. / 3.8
Transmission Capacity 1 qts. / 1 qts.
Primary Chain Case Capacity 1.4 qts. / 1.4 qts.
As Shipped 794 lbs. / 360.2
Weight, In Running Order 831 lbs. / 376.9
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1,360 lbs. / 616.9
Front 500 lbs. / 226.8
Rear 927 lbs. / 420.5
Engine 456 Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103
Valves Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
Bore 3.875 in. / 98.4 mm
Stroke 4.375 in. / 111.1 mm
Displacement 103 cu. in. / 1,690 mm
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel System 7 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Air Cleaner Fiberglass, washable
Lubrication System Pressurized, dry-sump
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Final Drive 8 Belt, 32/68 ratio
Clutch multi-plate, wet
Transmission 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
Gear Ratios (overall)
Frame Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin downtubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
Swingarm Mild steel, two-piece drawn and welded section, forged junctions, MIG welded
Front Fork 41.3 mm telescopic
Rear Shocks Air-adjustable
Front Type Black, Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Front Width 3 in. / 76mm
Front Height 17 in. / 432mm
Rear Type Black, Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum
Rear Width 5 in. / 127mm
Rear Height 16 in. / 406mm
Caliper Type 32mm 4-piston front and rear
Rotor Type Patented, uniform expansion
Front Diameter 11.81 in / 300mm
Front Width 0.28 in. / 5mm
Front Dual Yes
Rear Diameter 11.81 in. / 300mm
Rear Width 0.28 in. / 7mm
Anti-Lock Braking System Optional
Suspension Travel, Rear 3 in. / 76mm
Engineered for sidecar Yes
Engine Torque (Per SAE) J1349
North America (ft. lbs.) 9 102 in. / 138.3 mm
North America (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right 33 deg
Lean Angle, Left 31 deg
Fuel Economy: Urban 35 / 6.72
Fuel Economy: Highway 54 / 4.36
Battery Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 28-amp/hour, 270 cca (per Battery Council International Rating)
Charging Three-phase, 50-amp system (585W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 650W max power @ 13V)
Starting 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
Headlamp Quartz halogen, 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
Tail/Stop 8W/28W - 5W/21W
Turn Signal Turn Signal Lights 28W (21W) self-canceling
Pursuit Lamps Front-mounted PAR-36 lamps, one red, one blue, incandescent
Flashers Four-way, integrated into turn signal switches
Indicator Lamps Indicator Lamps High beam, turn signals, hazard signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, low fuel, police emergency light activation, 6-speed, ABS light (optional)
Electronic Siren (optional) Weatherproof 100W siren amplifier, 100W siren speaker and integrated PA system specifically designed for use on Haarley-Davidson® Police motorcycles; 2-tones: wail and yelp with additional airhorn capacity
Warranty 10 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval 11 First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
1Vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. Specifications and prices listed may differ from specifications and prices of vehicles manufactured and delivered. All product descriptions (including depictions, specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and competitive comparisons) are based on available information at the time of publication. Although such descriptions are believed correct, errors and changes can occur and complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Harley-Davidson may make changes at any time to prices and specifications, and may change or discontinue models, without notice and without incurring any obligation. Attention: Vehicles in the configurations shown and many of the accessories described in this catalog may not be available for sale or use in some locations. Please check with your dealer for complete product details and the latest information. All models feature 6-speed transmission (VRSC models and Sportster® models are 5-speed) and carbon fiber belt final drive; multi-plate clutch with diaphragm spring in oil bath; and 2-year unlimited mileage warranty.
2Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
3Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
4Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
5Thermostatically controlled oil cooler standard equipment.
6Automatic compression release.
7Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country and region.
8U.S. and HDI markets, except Japan: Belt, 32/64 ratio.
9Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
10See motorcycle owners manual for complete details.
11Inspections of certain systems and components are required at 2,500 mile (4,000 km) intervals. See Owners Manual for full details.
Vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. Specifications
and prices listed may differ from specifications and prices of vehicles manufactured
and delivered. All product descriptions (including depictions, specifications,
dimensions, measurements, ratings and competitive comparisons) are based on
available information at the time of publication. Although such descriptions
are believed correct, errors and changes can occur and complete accuracy cannot
be guaranteed. Harley-Davidson may make changes at any time to prices and
specifications, and may change or discontinue models, without notice and without
incurring any obligation. Attention: Vehicles in the configurations shown
and many of the accessories described in this catalog may not be available
for sale or use in some locations. Please check with your dealer for complete
product details and the latest information. All models feature 6-speed transmission
(VRSC models and Sportster® models are 5-speed) and carbon fiber
belt final drive; multi-plate clutch with diaphragm spring in oil bath; and
2-year unlimited mileage warranty.
2011 Harley-Davidson® FLHTP Electra Glide® Police
2011 Harley-Davidson® FLHTP (Fairing with Windshield) Electra Glide
Solo Law Enforcement Motorcycles
SCOPE OF SPECIFICATIONS
These specifications describe the mechanical and comfort requirements for the FLHTP solo law
enforcement motorcycles which will be used by the [insert agency/department name].
All proposed FLHTP motorcycles to be in full compliance as follows:
Piston displacement of not less than 1690cc OHV Twin Cam 103
Vibration Isolated V-Twin, air-cooled,
equipped with OE standard oil cooler, two cylinders with overhead valves and featuring EITMS (Engine Idle
Temperature Management System), producing minimal vibration frequencies and magnitudes. Engine and
transmission isolated from motorcycle frame utilizing a rubber mounting system.
- Powertrain deluxe chrome group designed for low maintenance; black powder coat finish on engine;
chrome rocker boxes, timer cover, outer primary housing & transmission covers.
- Compression ratio: 9:6:1
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection System (ESPFI)
- Chain Drive Twin Cams
- Hydraulic Lifters requiring no maintenance service adjustments
B. Clutch / Transmission
- Clutch shall be of the latest multiple nine (9) plate design, wet.
- Transmission to be of latest design, manual type, with not less than six (6) forward speeds.
- Clutch disengage for starter motor operation
- Primary Drive, double-row chain, 34/46 ratio.
- Greaseless shifter shaft with "anti-vibration" rubber spacers.
- Gear Ratios
Hydraulic Disc brakes for both front and rear wheels. Front brake having dual 11.81-inch diameter discs;
rear brake shall be single disc. Brakes shall be relatively free of heat fade, with four (4) piston calipers and
uniform expanding rotors.
Note: Optional Anti-Lock Braking System available (Independent Anti-Lock System)
Motorcycles shall be provided with a suspension system to permit optimum handling conditions as required in
- 41.3 mm telescopic front forks. Rear air-adjustable shocks.
- Rear suspension swing arm bearings shall require no lubrication for life of the motorcycle.
E. Wheels / Tires
- Black Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum wheels, rim material to be impermeable to compressed air.
- Tubeless type tires to have non-skid tread, designed to operate on paved highways and shall have a
full, four-ply fabric reinforcement. Bead-retention tires designed to remain on wheel during sudden
loss of pressure.
- Sealed automotive style wheel bearings requiring no endplay adjustment and service interval of
100,000 miles (160,000 km).
F. Fuel Tank
- Fuel tank to have a capacity of six (6) U.S. gallons (or 22.71 liters). Must provide a minimum of 1 gal
(3.8 L) reserve fuel capacity when main supply is exhausted.
- Electric fuel pump.
G. Electrical System
Electrical system shall be nominal 12-volt as follows:
- Battery. Sealed, heavy-duty maintenance-free, 12-volt, minimum rated capacity - 28 ampere hours
(Battery Council International rating), 270 cold cranking amps.
- Ignition. Non-waste spark, alpha control.
- Charging System. Three-phase, 50-amp high output alternator, solid state regulator.
- Connectors. Industrial grade throughout, provided with electrical accessory connection.
- Hand Controls. Water-resistant, integrated switches.
- Starting System. 12-volt starter, solenoid operated engagement, relay required.
- Horn. Sound level audible above motorcycle and traffic-generated noise.
Each motorcycle shall be provided with the following lighting equipment:
- Quartz Halogen Headlight, 55 watt low beam and 60 watt high beam.
- Pursuit lamps front mounted PAR-36, one red and one blue (incandescent).
- Tail light.
- Turn Signals, self-canceling system.
- Flashers, four-way, integrated into turn signal switches.
- License plate lighting, two blue indicator lamps.
- Front (Amber) and Rear (Red) Fender Tip Lights
I. Visual Displays
- Speedometer. Analog speedometer, range 0-120mph (or kph equivalent), (2) re-settable trip meters.
- Odometer. Calibrated, cumulative.
- Tachometer. Analog.
- Fuel level gauge.
- Emergency Light Activation Indicator.
- Sight glass on brake master cylinders.
- Fuel Mileage countdown till empty displayed in odometer window when Low fuel indicator lamp is lit.
- Turn Signal Indicators
- Neutral Indicator
- High beam Indicator
- Low Oil pressure Indicator
- Engine diagnostic light
- ABS indicator lamp (if equipped with optional ABS)
- Security Lamp (if equipped with optional security system)
J. Feature Requirements
- Seat. Deluxe solo air saddle, special police type, breathable material covering, single air bladder
suspension with reservoir and integral gauge.
- Side Stand. Jiffy stand with electronic disengage to prevent drive off with jiffy stand deployed.
- Foot Boards. pivoting type with non-skid rubber pads.
- Guards. Front engine guard bar and rear saddlebag guard bars.
- Saddlebags. Factory installed, law enforcement type Injection Molded GTX saddlebags, approximately
2000 cubic inches of storage space per bag, water-resistant, utilizing police style speed latches.
- Final belt drive, with a rubber isolated 68 tooth rear drive sprocket.
- Chrome, two into one into two exhaust system
- Windshield. Constructed of Lexan
or clear polycarbonate, designed to break away with minimal force.
- Mirrors. Two (2) long stem true image mirrors.
- Key. One key fits all locks.
- Wheelbase. 63.5 inches (1613.9 mm).
- Laden Seat Height. 27.3 in. (693.4 mm).
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. 1360 lbs. (616.8 kg.)
- Dry Weight. 791 lbs. (358.7 kg.)
- Running Order. 828 lbs. (375.5 kg.)
- Service Intervals. 1st
1000 miles and then every 5000 miles thereafter.
- Fender Tip Running Lights. Amber at front, red at rear.
- Warranty. 24 months, unlimited mileage.