Newbie................sort of

Tightjeansincali
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Newbie................sort of

#1 Unread post by Tightjeansincali »

I am new to the Forum, but not really to motorcycles. My dad had a few when I was growing up. I even had one of those old mopeds, with the pedals and the gas/oil mix. I've ridden Honda Ace 750, Buell, Honda Shadow 1100, Venture Royale 1200 (Hubby's bike, it fell over with me on it and I broke my wrist) , ZRX1200. When I say ridden, I mean I was the one in control.

I have wanted a bike since I was 18. Out of my friends, I wanted to be the first girl on a bike. Dated a couple guys with bikes. Have always loved it. Even if I was on the back. Fast forward 19 1/2 years. Took the MSF course through the Post where hubby is stationed and got my license Sept 2007. Jumped on a Honda Ace 750 for a Veterans ride. Hubby tried to get a few guys to let me ride their bikes. But they all think a woman has no business on a bike, especially in control. HMMMMPH! Well.........hubby told me this year was my year!!!! Told me to start looking for MY bike. I found it, but was sold before we could get it. 2001 ZRX1000 (I fell in love with a friends' ZRX1200). But, I had my eye on another bike. Got it this Feb and had to have some work done on it. It had been sitting for 4 years. It's loud, it's bright and I LOVE IT!!! 1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R. I brought it home last week and have been on it everyday. Hubby says I'm going to wear out my tires before he can get me off it. Just try it!

Chris
Get over it, Girls ride, too!!!

joolz
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '09 VN900 Custom

#2 Unread post by joolz »

Nice one Don't forget us blokes can really sulk if we get beaten by a girl :laughing:
I kiss my dog on the mouth

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome2:

I can sense your enthusiasm..... :)

You're fortunate to have a supportive hubby.... :)

Enjoy the forums.