jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Typical new guy post

#1 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Morning all. New to the forums, not completely new to motorcycles. Been about 12 years since I was riding my brother's motorcycles up and down the street but looking to get one in the near future.

Live in Arizona, been in the military for 11 1/2 years and 31 years old. I like to think I've outgrown most of my recklessness and am somewhat more sedate than I used to be. Been sittign on a lot of seats at the local dealerships and I'm taking the MSF BRC next weekend.

I've decided on a Honda VTX1300C, which I know isn't considered a typical starter bike, but I'm ready to take it slow and learn my limits before I learn the bike's limits. Out of all the bikes I've sat on, it's one of two that I actually feel comfortable on. Don't like the foot positions on the Yamaha V-Stars or Kawasakis, definitely didn't like the sitting position on the sport bikes, and it's a lot more economically feasible than the other bike I liked--HD Fat Bob.

I'm trying to talk myself into a smaller bike to start with, but I just can't find one that feels comfortable to my 5'11" 225lb frame. I know a 600-750 would do just fine around town and probably be alright on the freeway, but again I need something that'll be comfortable for 3 hours or it just wouldn't make any sense at all.

Anyway, that's who I am and what I'm looking at buying. Thanks for your time.

jaskc78
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#2 Unread post by jaskc78 »

That's the bike I'm looking at buying just as a visual reference.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome:

Nice looking motorcycle and very nice shade of red.

:)