Another newbie!

nozzlegoblin
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Another newbie!

#1 Unread post by nozzlegoblin »

Hello everyone,
My name is Trevor and I am from Denver, Colorado. I just purchased my second motorcycle. The first one didn't really count because I was young and dumb. I never made a payment so it got repossessed. It was a brand new (at the time) 1997 Yamaha Virago 535. I loved it for the short time that it was mine. I am a tall skinny guy and the 535 fit me well. Soon I realized that a little more power would suit me better. A couple weeks ago I picked up a 1981 Yamaha XJ750 for $500 from a friend. I was a little intimidated by the size at first, but now I love it. Guess what, I've got carburetor problems. Hopefully you people are really nice like the introduction said you were. I need a lot of advice but I don't have much to offer at this point, unless someone has questions about electronic music, or recording audio, or plug-ins / computer stuff. If anyone needs advice on wiring their project studio or midi connections, I can help. If I can't, I know people. I can give advice about house painting or home improvement type stuff. I need to tune my freaking carbs BAD!!!! Sorry for the long winded bio, but hopefully I can meet someone who needs my advice for theirs in return. If your advice is "shut up", then please skip it, I will keep it shot & sweet after this.
Thanks,
Trevor....A.K.A. nozzlegoblin. www.myspace.com/nozzlegoblin

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#2 Unread post by jaskc78 »

howdy. i know more about automobile carbs than motorcycle carbs, and together i think they total almost a thimbleful. sorry.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#3 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

Welcome to TMW, enjoy the forum and post what is wrong with your bike in the troubleshooting forum and i am sure you will get responses, we are a very friendly community and try to help each other out..... hopefully you paid in full for this bike
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

We don't often tell people to shut up here so post your question in the troubleshooting section and you will probably get a handful of answers. No payment necessary. Unless you just really want to, then you can send all the $ you want to my paypal. :mrgreen:

Welcome to TMW!
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:hithere:

Welcome to TMW.

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

fireguzzi wrote:We don't often tell people to shut up here so post your question in the troubleshooting section and you will probably get a handful of answers. No payment necessary. Unless you just really want to, then you can send all the $ you want to my paypal. :mrgreen:

Welcome to TMW!

I was mearly informing him where he might get a better response to his troubleshooting issue. By no way did I intend it that way, and if came off that i apoligise.
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#7 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Tennif Shoe wrote:
fireguzzi wrote:We don't often tell people to shut up here so post your question in the troubleshooting section and you will probably get a handful of answers. No payment necessary. Unless you just really want to, then you can send all the $ you want to my paypal. :mrgreen:

Welcome to TMW!

I was mearly informing him where he might get a better response to his troubleshooting issue. By no way did I intend it that way, and if came off that i apoligise.
Fireguzzi was referring to the last sentence in OPs post.
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

PacificShot327 wrote:
Tennif Shoe wrote:

Welcome to TMW!

Fireguzzi was referring to the last sentence in OPs post.

oops!
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350

nozzlegoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for making me feel somewhat welcome.

#9 Unread post by nozzlegoblin »

Hell yes my junker seca was paid in full. Like I said, it was only $500. I think that's a pretty good deal and my credit sucks right now. One day I'll have that Triumph that I want, 'till then I'm gonna love my dinosaur Yamaha. I know that when I finally hop on a real bike, It's gonna feel like a magic freakin' carpet ride! I just need my carbs balanced, otherwise my Seca runs fine.
Happy with what I've got!

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#10 Unread post by Johnj »

People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.