Gereke
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40

Howdy!

#1 Unread post by Gereke »

Found this site recently, and I'm glad that I did.

Starting to feel the "itch" to get into motorcycling. Truth be told, I think the virus was injected into my system back when I first rode a motored two wheeler when I was about 7. Just a little mini bike, and later a Honda Trail 70. Every time I've been on a motorcycle of some kind (usually off road) I enjoyed the hell out of it. If I learned a friend had a bike, I instantly started to harass them about riding it.

Fast forward to the age of 29, and the bug is biting hard. Fired up the almighty interweb, and it wasn't long until this fine site was bookmarked. I've spent hours reading through posts, as well as the Newbies Guide and loved every minute of it. Right now I'm in the stage of "dream", as I can't exactly afford to buy even an inexpensive used machine at the moment. However, I've been making a list of things to slowly start buying such as safety gear, and books such as those written by David Hough. Baby steps, baby steps. :baby:

I may try to scam the wife into letting me take a basic riders course soon, just so I can get my feet wet again and work towards getting that motorcycle endorsement (will look good on my Class "A" license even if it collects dust for a bit, just like the Class A part is right now haha).

The only illusion I have as a FNG at the moment, is wishing I could start tomorrow. I live in SW Oregon, and there are a lot of really beautiful places to ride.

Anyway, nice to be here.

Editing in:

Little about myself...

I'm a soon to be 30 year old kid that enjoys life. Married (for almost 11 years now), and have a awesome 8 year old daughter. I'm a former Navy Military Police Officer, and am currently a full time college student.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Howdy!

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#3 Unread post by mogster »

:hithere: :uk:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

garethfrith1
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2005/honda/2005

#4 Unread post by garethfrith1 »

welcome here, I'v also just joined!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Welcome Rex!

Thanks so much for bookmarking and joining Total Motorcycle! You will find this community and site to be very unique on the internet, we are a very friendly bunch and love helping riders out. :D

Sounds like you have the motorcycling bug again, it never really leaves you does it?

Great idea on taking a basic riders course, I'm sure it won't be hard to scam your wife in on you getting a bike, you could sell it by telling he she can pick up pink motorcycle gear and both of you can have "together time" riding around the place. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gereke
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40

#6 Unread post by Gereke »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mike, so far my wife is on board with me taking the basic course. She said she may even think about taking it with me, but she's not 100% sure she wants to ride herself. The only thing she looked at me cross eyed about was the bike purchase, as she thought I was looking to run out and buy one "right now". No so, not planning to buy until next spring some time, as I need to save for the purchase. First order of business is getting my head filled with information and safety gear bought piece by piece.

As for the bug, no I don't think it ever does leave. I still smile every time I think about dirt biking around my friends vineyard when I was in High School. Then there was riding around town on a scooter after dark when the cops weren't looking... and... and...

zee
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2006 Suzuki GS500F

#7 Unread post by zee »

Welcome, Rex. I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I signed up for the basic course for myself, even though I wasn't certain I wanted to ride... turns out I did. But if I hadn't, I would have only been out a day or two (if I came back for the second day) and a few dollars. Since I did, I've spent a bit more than that... lol.