Can someone tell me what kind of motorcycle this is??

rthorne57
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Can someone tell me what kind of motorcycle this is??

#1 Unread post by rthorne57 »

My granddad passed and left me his motorcycle. My mom sent me this picture while she was helping clean things up, but I obviously have no idea what it is. I'd like to know before I try to get it shipped to me. Thanks.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Can someone tell me what kind of motorcycle this is??

#2 Unread post by HYPERR »

Early to mid 1980s Honda V45 or V65 Magna
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by agraebner »

This is not gospel but it will point you in the right direction I hope. It should be a v65 based off of the exhaust and the seat. Around me the v45s are not too hard to find but the v65 is more rare and demands a higher price. If it is a v65 its a BEAST they are very powerful and with a little suspension tuning a really nice handling bike. Wonderful bike a classic. Im sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost my last grand parent when I was very young.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yup, it's a Magna alright, just customized a little. Clean it up, simplify it back to stock and you'll have an awesome torque monster on your hand.

Sorry to hear about your Granddad too. Looks like he enjoyed riding and that motorcycle will come to mean something special to you when you take it out on the road.

Do you ride now?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

rthorne57
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by rthorne57 »

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! I did post this in another thread too bc I wasn't sure how many people would care to read the "introduce yourself" posts, so sorry for that.

I don't ride now but have been wanting a bike for years. I'm currently in the Army and waiting to sign up for their free training classes when it doesn't conflict with training. I can't wait to get in the garage and start cleaning it up! It could use some TLC. This bike means a lot to me and reminds me of when he would take me out on rides with him when I was very young. Years of smoking and fighting cancer from espestice finally caught up to him.

Thanks so much again for your help. I'll be a long time member here for sure and have more questions down the road.

Ride safe.