mojojojo
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 1994 Honda Pacific Coast

Hello from the Carolinas

#1 Unread post by mojojojo »

I stumbled upon this forum recently but am glad I did.

Having rode a dirt bike (Yamaha YZ125) for a couple of years as a teenager, the motorcycle bug never really left me. Recently I have managed to get back into riding, but this time on a street bike vs. dirt.

Although I plan to ride with friends on some weekends, my real purpose for getting a motorcycle was to use to commute the almost 70 miles each way commute I have (I live in SC but work in NC). While I know I won't ride every day, I will ride as much as I reasonable can. With that purpose in mind I purchased a 1994 Honda Pacific Coast - from what I've read it's a bike designed by Honda to be used as a commuter that requires very little maintenance.

I look forward to gaining some more knowledge from the information of the members here, and to hopefully seeing some of you on the road one day!

Ride safe.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Hello from the Carolinas

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Howdy and welcome to the forums John. We need to see a picture of your PC800, which by the way is a way cool bike. It has a trunk like a scooter.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome2: to TMW

I see the occasional Pacific Coast on the road around here. They look like a great bike.

Oh yeah...and like Johnj says....pics...we want pics.... :mrgreen:

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hi and welcome!!!! :wave:

Lucky you to be able to do a long commute every day on a bike... but I'm sure it sucks when you have to drive in a car!!! ;)
Andrea :sun: