Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XVS V Star 650

Hi from Australia

#1 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Hi everyone,

Been looking for a good forum to talk about all things motorbike and this one really looks active and informative. I've been riding for about three years and currently ride a '07 XVS V-Star 650 Classic "Ruby". My first bike was a bright green and purple Kawasaki GPX250 (EX250) and a Suzuki GS500 F. So I guess all that's left now is to get a Honda lol! I love the laid back style of the cruiser, and am already thinking about my next bike, but I think I'll go British and get a Triumph Speedmaster, but that'll be in about three years time. My husband rides as well, he has a gorgeous silver and black Suzuki Boulevard C50 "Marilyn". I convinced him to get back into riding after a ten year break, and after about six months of looking at the back of his helmet, I thought ahh stuff it, I'll go for my licence, bit daunting as I'd always loved bikes, but never ridden one before, but lo and behold I passed, and the rest as they say is history.

As you've probably guessed by my subject line, I'm from Australia- so hope you don't mind an Aussie on your forum :cowboy: . I live in South Australia, fair few nice places to ride around here, but we are planning a few longer trips, mainly doing the Great Ocean Road (a favourite of so many Aussie bike riders) and the ultimate distance ride, across the Nullabor, which is about a 2400km(1491m), be interesting on cruisers as most petrol stops are about 250km(155m) apart, so lots of planning ahead!!

Looking forward to talking to you and reading and posting, and hopefully I can answer some questions as well :jump:

Cheers

V
The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome. ~Author Unknown

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Hi from Australia

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Howdy and welcome to the forums. Are you going to show us a picture of your bike?
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#3 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

OzVStarGal_77 wrote:Hi everyone,
...and the ultimate distance ride, across the Nullabor, which is about a 2400km(1491m), be interesting on cruisers as most petrol stops are about 250km(155m) apart, so lots of planning ahead!!
Sounds like quite a ride. Would that be something like the middle of nowhere in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?
Ooooooh. Shiny!

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#4 Unread post by BobK »

Welcome, VStarGal!

OzVStarGal_77
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Sounds like quite a ride. Would that be something like the middle of nowhere in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?
Different direction, we'll be heading west, the movie was made up north, a lot of it in the state I live in, mainly around Coober Pedy, remote opal mining town, where it is so hot they have hotels, pubs and some houses underground, check it out on http://www.cooberpedy.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=191

The Nullarbor has the longest straight stretch of road in Australia, about 90 miles long, flat plains, the term Nullarbor is from the Latin "nulla" for ‘no’, and "arbor" for ‘tree’; hence the term Nullarbor, meaning “no trees”. Plenty of wombats, kangaroos, dingoes and wedgetail eagles though, and massive big road trains (semi trailer trucks) commonly called B Triples which can reach anywhere up 33.5 m (110 ft) max in length...so yeah lots of fun lol, but crossing this plain is almost a rite of passage for Australian riders, so very much looking forward to it :D

JohnJ when I figure out how to post a pic, I will do :)

cheers all

OzVStarGal_77
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by OzVStarGal_77 »

Yay! Worked it out, the bike is fairly plain at the moment, working out what kind of saddlebags and bling she will need. Nice ride, and lovely colour!
Attachments
Yay! Worked it out, the bike is fairly plain at the moment, working out what kind of saddlebags and bling she will need. Nice ride, and lovely colour!
ruby2.jpg (49.14 KiB) Viewed 4895 times

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:hithere:

Welcome to TMW.

V-Stars Rock!