Current Bike

alpeyton
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Current Bike

#1 Unread post by alpeyton »

Current bike: Just picking it up today, 2005 Suzuki, Boulevard M50 with windshield, sissy bar, luggage rack, and saddlebags.

Past bikes: 1974 Yamaha RD350

poppygene
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#2 Unread post by poppygene »

:welcome:

I remember those RDs! Screamin' Meemies!! They used to call them giant killers.

Hope you enjoy the site!
Let me get this straight... it's one down and four up, right?

[img]http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7837/aread0hm.gif[/img]

zoom
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by zoom »

1992 Kaw. EX 500. Plan on keeping it as my current and future bike as it meets my needs and really, How fast do you need to go? :P
http://zomsplace.com/forum/

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Current Bike

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

alpeyton wrote:Current bike: Just picking it up today, 2005 Suzuki, Boulevard M50 with windshield, sissy bar, luggage rack, and saddlebags.

Enjoy it, the season is just getting started soon!

I'd love to take a RD350 for a spin one day. The two strokes sound like a heck of a lot of fun on a Sunday morning. :D

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

miggiddymatt
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by miggiddymatt »

I recently got a Moto Guzzi California EV Touring that I'm very proud of. Previous bike was a Triumph Speedmaster which didn't really suit the riding I wanted to do (still managed to put about 8000 miles on it though).

Coach
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by Coach »

I just bought a '96 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic on Tuesday. Already put over 150 miles on it. I love it so far. Very comfortable ride, plenty of power, and, thanks to the previous owner who must have had a chrome fetish, very nice looking.

alpeyton
Rookie
Rookie

The screamin meamie

#7 Unread post by alpeyton »

Yep that RD350 was a giant killer. Used to get into drag races all the time with my buddies with the big bore machines, and would wax 'em up to about 80 mph, then it was good bye big 'uns, they'd pass me. Lots of fun.

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#8 Unread post by Scott58 »

I spent 5 years on a '77' RD-400. Bored, balanced, DG expansion chambers, air forks, cafe bars, the works. There wasn't a box stock 750 that could touch it. Raced a kz-900 in the quarter and he only beat me by a 1/2 bike length. The down side? After i was done ratting this bike out it barely got 25mpg. Not fun to have to fill up every 75 miles. To this day though it was the best bike I ever owned. It felt like it was almost alive.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#9 Unread post by Ladymx »

Those RD 350's where fast killers for sure, but great fun. I really liked the sound of them.
My current bike is a 77 GS400 and a 2001 YZF600R

JJ
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Current Bike

#10 Unread post by JJ »

alpeyton wrote:Current bike: Just picking it up today, 2005 Suzuki, Boulevard M50 with windshield, sissy bar, luggage rack, and saddlebags.

So You've picked up a boulevard! I have the Suzuki LC1500 which I am led to beleive is about the same bike. I too have a windshiled, bags, rack crach bars etc.

How do you like riding it?

Let us all know!

jj
Look for me at the next bike rally
middle aged, fat, black T-shirt & jeans
Easy to spot eh?