HOW TO POST A PICTURE TUTORIAL (WITH PICTURES!)

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

HOW TO POST A PICTURE TUTORIAL (WITH PICTURES!)

#1 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

TO POST A PICTURE...

Posting pictures is easy, fun, and a great way to share information with your fellow forum members! It's also bloody useful for providing details for problems you're having or to ask -- and answer! -- questions about your bike, gear, and accessories.

So here's the process. The first thing to do is SCROLL DOWN below the Message Body frame where the Upload Tools hide.
SCROLL DOWN.JPG
SCROLLED CLICK BROWSE.jpg
Find the BROWSE button (highlighted by the red circle in the above screenshot) and click it. This will open a dialog box displaying the contents of your computer, like this...
CHOOSE FILE.jpg
Navigate through your file system to the picture you'd like to add, highlight it and click OPEN. The dialog box will close, and the file and path will be displayed in the FILENAME box, as below...
FILENAME CLICK ADD.jpg
Now, click on the ADD THE FILE button to begin the upload. A progress window will launch...
PROGESS BAR.jpg
...and when it completes you will have a new bar directly below the Message Body labeled ATTACHMENTS. Note the PLACE INLINE button.
PLACE INLINE.jpg
By default, uploaded pictures will be displayed at the end of your message. If, however, you'd like to place your picture somewhere else in your post, move your cursor to where you'd like it displayed and click PLACE INLINE. This will generate a textual tag for the attachment, as below...
INLINE TAG.JPG
That's all there is to it!

Two notes. First, you can upload multiple files and place them wherever you like in your posts, simply by using the drop-down scroll box next to the PLACE INLINE button. Just repeat the first two steps after each picture finishes uploading until you've uploaded all that you want to add, then select each individual file in the drop-down box before clicking PLACE INLINE.

And second, ALWAYS PREVIEW YORU MESSAGE before submitting, by clicking on the PREVIEW button first. This will display an example of your message without actually posting it.

So, happy posting! We look forward to seeing your pictures!

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: HOW TO POST A PICTURE TUTORIAL (WITH PICTURES!)

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

ALWAYS PREVIEW YORU MESSAGE???

LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

(-;

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great job!! That's an A++ post. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Bdub
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2012 Vstar 950 Tourer

#5 Unread post by Bdub »

JOTG,
Followed the instructions to the letter but the system said my files were too big [2MB]. I don't have a PDF converter on my computer to convert them to .pdf files and all of my photos show 2MB each. Any suggestions [other than download a conversion program]?

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

Bdub wrote:JOTG,
Followed the instructions to the letter but the system said my files were too big [2MB]. I don't have a PDF converter on my computer to convert them to .pdf files and all of my photos show 2MB each. Any suggestions [other than download a conversion program]?
Assuming that you're using the windows OS, try your email program. Right click on a file and select "send to" and then "Mail Recipient", usually asks what size file, select "Large" and it will tell you the estimated size of the file. If it's still too big , go one size smaller. Then just email the picture to yourself. Don't open your email program, do this right from the file folder. That should help until you get an inexpensive photo suite.

Corel-Paintshop Pro, Adobe-Elements, are just two that fit that bill, there are many more out there...

Try this site out for example, those prices are in Canadian dollars.

http://photo-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"