BusterWantsToFish
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Shadow VT750DC

Hello from Lancaster County, PA

#1 Unread post by BusterWantsToFish »

I'm living in beautiful Lancaster Count Pennsylvania. I started riding in 1980 on a Kawasaki KZ400 for about three months when I discovered the excitement of the "Left Hand Turn" maneuver by a Pontiac station wagon. The poor totalled KZ400 was soon replaced with a Kawasaki KH400 2-stroke triple which served as my primary transportation in college. I took a break from riding between 1985 and 2012 when I found a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 (not at all what I was looking for) and bought it after a test ride. It wasn't what I was looking for, but now that I am older I have problems with leg cramps and often when I threw a leg over a bike I would get hit with a cramp. I wasn't really looking at cruiser style bikes but when I saw this one I decided to give it a sit test. If fit like a glove and best of all it had drag bars that put me into a slight forward lean rather than back or bolt upright. After a test ride I took it home. I've put about 20K on her since then. I will try to put in the obligatory photo now. I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.
Dave
bike.jpg

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: Hello from Lancaster County, PA

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Welcome to TMW Dave! We're glad to have you and I look forward to seeing you in the threads. Always glad to have another cruiser rider participating, and that's a sharp looking shadow. We have a 2003 VT750 that looks a lot like that, it's the A.C.E. edition though. Do you like the bead cushion?

BusterWantsToFish
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Shadow VT750DC

#3 Unread post by BusterWantsToFish »

Thanks! I hoped I'd like the beaded seat cover as the stock seat is a little uncomfortable after 50-100 miles. It turned out to be an amazing difference. The day after I put it on I did a 560 mile ride down to Shenandoah National Park and back with no problem at all. As a bonus it gives great air circulation under you, too.

TheBeardedRider
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 93 suzuki intruder 800

#4 Unread post by TheBeardedRider »

Welcome to the site Dave. That is a sharp looking ride. Lots of good info and people here.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:hithere:

Welcome to TMW.

Your Honda looks terrific.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#6 Unread post by faded sun »

My first bike after a riding hiatus like yours was also a Shadow 750, but I found a 1984. I still have it and just put a new saddle on it last year. Now I also ride a Honda ST 1100 for longer rides and also to commute with my wife, who loves to relax on the pillion.

Glad to have another Shadow rider among the ranks. Welcome aboard!
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.