Kage909
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki en500 vulcan

New rider from Rhode Island

#1 Unread post by Kage909 »

Hi, I just joined the world of riding about 3 months ago. I started off with a 150cc scooter (was a POS BTW) And been hooked since. I got licensed and took the safety course at CCRI 2 months ago and got my first bike shortly thereafter. I am now the owner of a Vulcan 500 :kicking: (registered and insured it). I had a buddy go with me who has been riding 20 years and drives a sportster. As we all know it is winter and I winterized my bike mostly. Used fuel stabilizer, keep it in the garage which does not get to freezing temps, and hooked it up to a battery tender. Today I decided to put the battery back in (was a pain in the "O Ring" :rant: 30 minutes later of swearing I managed to do it :evil: ) Anyway. I wanted to take the time to introduce myself and hope to learn a lot from these forums. That being siad I do have one question, I don't feel like hooking the battery up to the tender again and if I start the bike every week or so let it run will the battery hold till the end of winter? :littlebike3:

here is a pic of my bike

uploading images :littlebike4:

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: New rider from Rhode Island

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:hithere:

Welcome to TMW.

I've never used a battery tender....except for when I left an electric switch on the battery drained. My own fault.

Kage909
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki en500 vulcan

Re: New rider from Rhode Island

#3 Unread post by Kage909 »

blues2cruise wrote::hithere:

Welcome to TMW.

I've never used a battery tender....except for when I left an electric switch on the battery drained. My own fault.
I did the same on my car with the interior neon lights. I was panicked at first then I realized I got the battery tender 3 days before.