SteelCityHunter
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: Dirt bikes

Roadking or roadglide?

#1 Unread post by SteelCityHunter »

Hey,everyone my name is john,I have rode mostly dirt bikes,but have rode a friends street bike a few times.I am thinking about getting a road bike.I want either a Harley roadking or a road glide.What rides better?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Roadking or roadglide?

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Road King. I can only go by the demo rides I have done. The Road King was so smooth....it was the only HD that didn't make me feel like the fillings in my teeth would rattle out while sitting at a red light.

Welcome to TMW. :D

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

Having owned a Road Glide since 07 and an Electra Glide before that (same bike as the Road King, really, except for the fairing) as well as a Dyna Super Glide in between and a Sportster back in the day, I can say that the Road Glide is by far the better ride. However, that is if you are planning on doing a lot of long distance touring... around town, it is not the best choice. Neither is the Road King, but it does have a slight advantage in slower, shorter rides, but is still a big bike.

Going from a dirt bike to a full-on touring bike is a bit of a jump. You may want to consider a physically smaller and lighter bike to gain experience on first before swinging a leg over a behemoth. If you're bent on getting a Harley, the Super Glide is a good bike to start out with. If you're open to other brands, there are numerous good cruisers offered by all of the Japanese brands that are just as good as, and sometimes better than, the Harley and often for less money.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

fzrbiker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1992/yamaha/fzr

#4 Unread post by fzrbiker »

Best if you can have a test drive to see and feel what model would suite you best.