jomaraki
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow 750

1999 Honda Shadow 750 @ King's Ride....

#1 Unread post by jomaraki »

Hello and thanks for the add. My current ride is a 1999 Honda Shadow 750. I got it after wrecking my 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1800. My niece and nephew talked me into getting a smaller bike. LOL Hey don't laugh, the Motorcycle Ministry also suggested I get a smaller bike. LOL Anyway She rides pretty good. I've not named Her yet got to give it time. There was only two issues with the bike that I'm learning to deal with. One was the foot pads are loose and I tend to pull my boot toe up on them and they flip up. Then I cannot shift, or press the rear break. LOL So I just have to learn to swing my legs way out at the knee so I don't flip those babies up. It's a work in progress. I didn't do it at all yesterday! So that's a winner. Anyway, I figure I won't get to do it this year, but next year if she is still running, I'm a going to ride her to Florida to visit my Daughters Family. I haven't seen them in 11 years. My first ride was a KZ-400 in 1978-79. My second was a 1984 Honda Shadow that was in 2008-12. My third was the 2003 KVdC 1800 I had for a total of 3 months, of the first month of that I had Covid-19. Crap nearly killed me. Thanks idiot in the Whitehouse for not closing the boarders! Nuff said on that issue. I enjoy riding my motorcycles. The first week I had the KZ-400, I had a guy drop a parts cabinet across my lane of a 4 lane road. I was doing about 35 mph, with a Semi Rig in the outside lane. The trucker thought what I was thinking and slammed on breaks to let me swerve in his lane. HE SAVED ME! If GOD wasn't driving that truck he was the co-pilot. The second event I had was I got off work one afternoon. Was on the road through the golf course on base and was going about 35 miles and hour and a bird hit me in the helmet about even with the eye brow. Knocked me almost off the bike he hit so hard, holding on with just my right boot heel and my left hand on the left hand grip, I somehow pulled myself back up-right on the bike and continued to the stop light some 1/2 mile farther up the road. A guy in a pickup pulls up beside me at the stop light and rolled down his window and declared, "Man I thought you were gone!" He had witnessed the whole thing he said. I wouldn't have told you those but someone else witnessed it. I have had my luck. I had 6 rear end collisions in the company cars and trucks I have driven. None of them my fault, I have had two questionable events in a car, and a truck. Only got a ticket on one of those, the truck was a "slick road accident, that two people had died on!" Why the state didn't fix that section of road I will never know. Well that is all about me, I love riding my bike. I'll get the hang of it soon. I've already gotten my Endorsement on my License as required by the state, having taken the motorcycle safety course. So ride safe! And if we meet a simple hand greeting my friends. Signed, Shadow Rider.
Johnny M. King, Retired
Computer Engineering
Motorcycle Rider (Active)

jomaraki
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1999 Honda Shadow 750 @ King's Ride....

#2 Unread post by jomaraki »

I have an update. My Ride is a 1999 Honda Shadow Ace 750. Found this out while trying to get some information on the bike.
Johnny M. King, Retired
Computer Engineering

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#3 Unread post by CorwinRT »

Man, you're a lucky guy! Nice intro. Share some photos of your bike when you can.

jomaraki
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by jomaraki »

Here are photo's of my ride. I recently had electrical problems with her. So I was out riding and ran out of gas. Man was I embarrassed. LOL Found out the battery was shot, and the Voltage Regulator had failed. Got both replaced over a month and have ridden it three times thus far and it's cranked and run and getting slightly less than 50 miles per gallon. And with these gas prices that is a good thing!
Attachments
1999HondaShadow750ACE3.jpg
1999HondaShadow750ACE3.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 7707 times
1999HondaShadow750ACE2.jpg
1999HondaShadow750ACE2.jpg (12.44 KiB) Viewed 7707 times
1999HondaShadow750ACE1.jpg
1999HondaShadow750ACE1.jpg (13.01 KiB) Viewed 7707 times
Johnny M. King, Retired
Computer Engineering