Awesome pics

#71 Unread post by M109R »

Awesome Pics!!

Thanks for sharing!

CTLawyer
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

But what about that headlight and rear fender?

#72 Unread post by CTLawyer »

I recently was looking at this bike as a possible upgrade from my 2005 M50 and it looks very powerful (1800 cc) and sleek. Things I noticed were the lack of a sixth gear (again) :(, and the headlight and rear fender styling are way off from the M50. It is cool, but not for me as the head light looks like a miny fairing and the rear is too mod. I guess I prefer the stylish but still more classic look of the M50. The M109 seems to have some strong sport bike styling elements, and I'm just not into sport bikes, windshields or fairings and I like bobbed rears. The dealer said it would do 150 mph and I think he is easily right. That means a lot, and the rear tire rocks, but I am not going for it because of the neo styling. But that's just me - I like the clean cruiser look so much and bugs don't bother me.
2005 Suzuki M50 Addict

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#73 Unread post by Big B »

then you might want to look at a VTX1800. five different style choices (i've got the retro version), just as much power, tons of accessories choices, plus it's a honda, which is synonomous with indestructable. only downside is it's a five-speed, but it's geared right, at 85 on the freeway she's just chugging along with just a slight twist of the wrist away from 100+
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Re: But what about that headlight and rear fender?

#74 Unread post by storysunfolding »

CTLawyer wrote: I guess I prefer the stylish but still more classic look of the M50.
I always saw the m50 as a more modern look when it comes to cruisers.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

CTLawyer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: But what about that headlight and rear fender?

#75 Unread post by CTLawyer »

I always saw the m50 as a more modern look when it comes to cruisers.[/quote]

Yeah, it gets a lot of looks for being blacked out, the drop down tank and the swirled black wheels. It is not really "classic" looking as cruisers go, but it would not be mistaken for a sport bike either. I just don't like windshields, fairings, saddle bags or any other things that clutter up the clean lines of a bike (no offense to those who do). I guess I just like the M50 cause it looks badass and runs great.

The M109 looks kind of like a sport bike / cruiser hybrid to me, mostly because of that headlight I guess. But it is very cool regardless, even if it is not my favorite look. But really, where is that 6th gear? :mrgreen:
2005 Suzuki M50 Addict

CTLawyer
Rookie
Rookie

#76 Unread post by CTLawyer »

Big B wrote:then you might want to look at a VTX1800.
Yeah, I like that a lot. Now where's my checkbook . . . .
2005 Suzuki M50 Addict

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

1000 miles on the M109R in 5 days

#77 Unread post by M109R »

Took my first road trip on the bike through Southern Colorado.

The bike performed beautifully. Very comfortable, great on curves and all of the power sure made it easy passing cagers and semi's in the mountains.

Rode my friend's HD Heritage Softail on the trip for a few miles and was suprised when I first sat on the bike... It felt like I was on a toy compared to the M109R. But I now understand the pleasure of riding a HD. Much more of a kick back and enjoy the ride type of bike where the M109R is much more of hang on and GOOOOOO bike.

One thing I did notice on the ride is that the bike just wants to go in the straights. 75mph cruising is completely smooth and comfortable at only 3800 rpm.

Only thing I would get for more cruising like this is a faring. It would make the long days (esp in rain) more comfortable. I prob would have the fairing on for trips like this and take it off for gen riding.

Very very glad I bought this bike..still think it is pure fun!!!

Tim07
Rookie
Rookie

#78 Unread post by Tim07 »

Thanks for the play by play... I filled out the credit app today on a red '07 M109R. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's nice hearing all the pro's and con's from someone who has one.

tim conroy
Regular
Regular

#79 Unread post by tim conroy »

Get on it bud!!! Ride her like your going to do all the time.Just dont keep that throttle consistent very long.

tomasland
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer

Re: 2007 Suzuki M109R

#80 Unread post by tomasland »

I think its Greate Moto!
Take it easy :D