2007 Suzuki M109R

Bachstrad37
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Bachstrad37 »

I was at an open house at Dennis Kirk in Rush City, MN over the weekend. Eighty percent were Harleys. I saw 1 Harley V-Rod amongst 200+ Harleys. I found that surprising to say the least.

Harleys were all lined up to get dynoed. Everyone kinda standing around enjoying the music and eating hot dogs when in comes a customized M109R. It has a purplish paint scheme with a Chinese dragon custom painted it. It had Cobra pipes instead of stock. Everyone just dropped their load and stared at that beast coming into the lot (myself included). He parked it amongst the rows of Harleys and a crowd quickly gathered. All kinds of questions were flung his way. After answering a few questions, the crowd around the bike began dissipating.

Stacked amongst the Harleys, the 109R just look gigantic! I was a bit intimidated by the sheer size, but asked if the owner if he'd allowed me to sit on. He said "sure" and so I did. All I can say is wow! THIS is my next bike. Pending on any changes on the Mean Streak for 2007, I'm looking to get a 109 next spring.
2003 VN1500P Kawasaki Mean Streak
2009 Yamaha Nytro FX

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#22 Unread post by jmillheiser »

Nice bike. That M109R is pretty sweet.

Wow your not that far away from me either. I live up in Cheyenne, Wyoming about 100 miles from denver.

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Wyoming

#23 Unread post by M109R »

I'm looking to explore Wyoming. Already love the ride from Cheyenne to Laramie past Voodvoo State Park. Would like to see much more of that beautiful state.

If I'm heading up that way, I'll send you a message.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the bike, what you see is why I chose this one over the VTX. Big plus is the awesome sound that the bike makes with stock pipes.

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

M109R Night Ride

#24 Unread post by M109R »

M109R Night Ride

Took the bike out around 8pm tonight for some highway miles. Opened up the bike much more this time and the bike and I enjoyed every minute!!

Took it up I70 into the mountains (about a 2000 ft elevation rise over 4 miles.) The bike went up the mountain effortlessly. The engine had a totally different sound going up (much quieter) but there was no strain whatsoever. Plenty of power in reserve.

Had my friend who lives up there take the bike for a ride. While he was riding in the neighborhood the bike's pipes sounded like distant thunder. Couldn't believe how deep the sound was. Cool to hear the bike from not sitting on it. The Suzuki engineers really did their homework on the pipe sound design.

Enjoyed the curves going down. Had to watch the speed with the troopers (the bike attracts cops like bees to honey) but still had a great time.

Lights: The headlight on dim is worthless and dangerous to use for speeds over 30 mph. The bright lights up the night into day. With bright, no issues seeing ahead at 75mph in complete darkness.

Highway fun was found in 4th gear. The bike just loved to go and so far unlimited power. Can't wait for the next 250 miles to be over to really see the power this bike has to offer.

Pulling into the neighborhood near home had the sheriff sneak up behind me. He wasn't even in the turn lane at the intersection until I made my left and he saw the bike from the pipe side. He quickly turned and followed just hoping for me to do something fun. Fortunately I was checking the rear view mirror at the time. :twisted:

More to follow.....

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

M109R on Curves

#25 Unread post by M109R »

M109R on Curves

Took the beast out for a spin at lunch time today south on US 85 (Santa Fe) to SR 67 (Sedalia to Sprucewood).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... o&zipcode=

Had a blast riding thru a fantastic curvy road. Lots of warning signs (sharp left then right, 10mph uturns, etc..) All of the curves are banked and very little gravel.

The bike performed with pure confidence in the curves. Very easy to press and countersteer and switch over to the other side. Fat back tire was not an issue.

BEST OF ALL was with all of the power this bike has, I did not need to downshift into the corners. Just let off the throttle a little and hit it on the way out. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!

Stopped at the Sprucewood Inn for a quick bite and then back to the fun. Great thing is that the county is repaving large sections of the road so the blacktop is fresh, smooth, crack and pothole free.

Check it out if in the neck of the woods. (watch out for the deer.)

Only problem is that my spedometer seems to be fried. When I'm going about 40 mph the needle is bouncing all over at 65-75mph. Don't know what that's all about. Just started happening today. I'll get it checked when I do my 500 mile service this weekend.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#26 Unread post by jmillheiser »

hmm might have to try that road.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#27 Unread post by MotoF150 »

for $3000 less you could buy the Honda VTX1800, or the Yamaha 1700 Roadstar thats just as fast if not faster. PLEASE!!!! don't say the words " Resale Value" !!!! resale value only applies if its a collectors item or an antique.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

More Curves

#28 Unread post by M109R »

More Curves (the next 100 miles)

Took the bike out at dusk and headed up C470 to Morison and up the curves to Evergreen. The curves on this road are even better than SH67 (see previous post) Some of themare soo long they make you feel like you are driving in circles. Very cool ride. Watch out for the inept cagers that like to cross the center line on the curves...dumb as$#s. Was able to hook up with a group of bikes about half way up. That was a blast.

Then headed up to I70 back down to 470, E on 285 and then South on Broadway. Very fun cruising with the bike in the city. So much attention. The sound makes heads turn. Had a cager shadow me for the extended viewing until I took off.

Just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#29 Unread post by jmillheiser »

an ignore button for MotoF150 would be so nice to have.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Sev »

MotoF150 wrote:for $3000 less you could buy the Honda VTX1800, or the Yamaha 1700 Roadstar thats just as fast if not faster. PLEASE!!!! don't say the words " Resale Value" !!!! resale value only applies if its a collectors item or an antique.
How much is that VTX1800 again? $8000 US? I keep forgetting, your prices keep changing, though they are consistantly 3-5 THOUSAND below msrp.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]