2007 Suzuki M109R

grampi
Veteran
Veteran

#61 Unread post by grampi »

ZooTech wrote:I don't think it looks anything like a V-Rod, which is a good thing. No other bike maker could have put that thing out and not been ridiculed.
Actually, the V-Rod looks a lot like a V-Max.
Last edited by grampi on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

grampi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Suped up V-Rod

#62 Unread post by grampi »

Lt James wrote:
VTX1300C wrote:...I don't know, just my opinion, but I think it was intended to be a V-Rod on Steriods for $8,000 less...
Just curious as to if you've ever ridden a Vrod, and what you base this opinion on?
I've ridden a V-Rod and there's no comparson between the two bikes. The V-Rod feels like a mid-sized bike compared to the 109. For some reason the V-Rod always gets compared to the big cubic inch v-twins and it's really like comparing apples to oranges. The only bike that's really comparable to the Rod is the V-Max.

M109R
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

inspiration

#63 Unread post by M109R »

I was just referring to inspiration not actual characteristics. Just like you would never say a Honda Civic is in the same class as a BMW 325.

My perception is that Suzuki went out into the bike market and scoped out the best characteristics from other bikes to design the M109R to recover from their previous sales losses with the original Boulevard line.

Just using my imagination and having fun figuring out where they came up with the design. :)
06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: inspiration

#64 Unread post by sharpmagna »

VTX1300C wrote:recover from their previous sales losses with the original Boulevard line.
The C50 was the best selling midsize bike last year. I hardly think it was a loss...
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

M109R City Cruising...........yeah

#65 Unread post by M109R »

Took the M109R out tonight for some cool cruising in the city.

Love to get the bike at 4K rpm and hit the throttle. The pipes light up and sound awesome!!! Plus you get the thrill of quick, smooth acceleration and don't launch into the 'I'm speeding' pull me over mode without time to slow back down.

Just love the PULL in my arms and the feeling of the front tire getting light. YEAH!!! FUN FUN FUN!!! 8) :laughing: 8) :laughing: 8) :laughing:

DrunkenEskimo
Rookie
Rookie

#66 Unread post by DrunkenEskimo »

Well, judging from the enthusiasm of the posts, I may have to grab me one of these on my return trip from Iraq. I sat down on one at the dealership and the first thing I thought was "Wow." and then the second thing was "This suckers HUGE" LoL. I think I may have found my next bike too.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#67 Unread post by ZooTech »

sharpmagna wrote:
VTX1300C wrote:recover from their previous sales losses with the original Boulevard line.
The C50 was the best selling midsize bike last year. I hardly think it was a loss...
Yeah...no doubt! Where do people come up with this stuff? The M109R is icing on an already hugely popular cake. Suzuki has been moving every flavor (save for the C90) of the Boulevard line in record numbers since day one.

grampi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: M109R City Cruising...........yeah

#68 Unread post by grampi »

M109R wrote:

Love to get the bike at 4K rpm and hit the throttle. The pipes light up and sound awesome!!! Plus you get the thrill of quick, smooth acceleration and don't launch into the 'I'm speeding' pull me over mode without time to slow back down.[/quote]

Really? The one I test rode was doing 80 after redlining 1st and 2nd gear. The problem was I was in a 40 speed zone. This bike will quickly get you in hot water with the law if you're not careful!

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Really

#69 Unread post by M109R »

Yeah, I wasn't hitting the throttle for very long. Just for the fun of the pull and the roar of the pipes. Very fun and short burst, not taking it up to high or unsafe speeds.

Yes, the bike will get you in trouble. :wink: Just today I was riding thru the burbs relaxing and saw the Sheriff coming from the other direction, checked my speed and OH SH^T!!! Slowed down right away and no issue with sheriff, glad I wasn't in a tougher regulated neighborhood.

I am a little paranoid in the city though and keep it at or below the limit riding there. The cops are much tougher and less forgiving (esp Englewood.)

Venarius
Elite
Elite

#70 Unread post by Venarius »

M109R wrote: Just using my imagination and having fun figuring out where they came up with the design. :)
Hope you don't mind...but I was just using my imagination as well... :wink: Cough Cough