High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

feliz wrote:
I'm retired from 35 years with the BC Ministry of Highways and browsing through your great pictures of touring in BC brought back a lot of memories, I recognized the location of every picture. Good job.
Thanks.
feliz wrote:
Just got the GT1000, I wanted one since they came out but they were always a little too pricey, with our rising dollar I got it for $10,000 though which is about $3500 off MSRP, I couldn't refuse. That's CAN$ of course.
Congrats on the new ride. Same colour that I would go for. They look pretty good with the Ducati optional bags too. Did you import it for that price or does you dealer have a closer grasp on reality than the dealers here in Calgary?
feliz wrote:
How did you like riding the Duc?
Still got it, still love it (actually it's the wifes bike and she still has it, still loves it). :righton:

tbob
Rookie
Rookie

F800ST

#12 Unread post by tbob »

I've put 2500 miles on a 2007 F800ST that I chose for the wrong reasons. I appreciated the 800cc displacement and ABS, but I find the bent over position uncomfortable for my forearms and neck, forcing me to stop for a break every 25 miles. I also find the throttle kind of twitchy, especially when letting off the gas, making the gears knock. Lastly, for a smallish bike, it's so top heavy that low speed manuevering e.g., parking lot figure eights, are harder than they should be for a bike this size. I'm dissapointed, and will probably sell.