Vegas Jackpot/M109R/Softail Deuce

Tim07
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Vegas Jackpot/M109R/Softail Deuce

#1 Unread post by Tim07 »

First off, thank you guys for the information you've unknowingly already given me. I've been reading a lot of posts on here lately looking for information to help me get the right bike, and have come across a LOT of it.

I've got the bike bug, BAD. I've been looking at the cruiser/dragbike combo mostly. I love the Victory Vegas Jackpot, the Suzuki M109R, and the Harley Softail Deuce. I think I'd be really happy with any of these bikes, but given the price tag of the Victory and the Harley, I really want to make sure I make the most informed decision. I've been to dealerships, sat on these bikes, talked to salesmen, and have done my research... but I'd like to know some owners opinions. Ultimately, a test ride is in order for each one before I buy, but I'd like to hear some updated opinions on these bikes from you guys. Thanks in advance... hopefully I'll be contributing here soon enough.

kingpinman
Rookie
Rookie

bikes to purchase

#2 Unread post by kingpinman »

I'm prejudiced....... I own a Victory Kingpin. So, I'm heavily for a Victory anything. I've owned my KP since '06, and haven't had one single problem with it, love the ride, the feel, comfort, and POWER. The Freedom 100 Cu. In. coupled with the true 6-speed OD tranny is fantastic for crusinin'. Take the demo ride, that will convince you...... and remember, Victory is American made.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Vegas Jackpot/M109R/Softail Deuce

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

Tim07 wrote:I've been looking at the cruiser/dragbike combo mostly.
Best bang for the buck is the Suzuki M109. But it might be a bit much for a first bike, especially if you haven't taken a proper riding course first before going out and buying one. Perhaps you might want to start with something used and a bit smaller first until you're ready and experienced enough to handle a brand new power cruiser. Just a thought. :)
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Vegas Jackpot/M109R/Softail Deuce

#4 Unread post by jonnythan »

Gummiente wrote:But it might be a bit much for a first bike, especially if you haven't taken a proper riding course first before going out and buying one. Perhaps you might want to start with something used and a bit smaller first until you're ready and experienced enough to handle a brand new power cruiser. Just a thought. :)
Yes. Big, powerful, heavy cruisers make poor first bikes.

Remember, it's your first bike, not your last. You don't want to ride around a 700-lb, $13,000 bike as you're just learning. Not only do you significantly increase your chances of dropping or wrecking it, you also significantly increase your amount of despair when you do.

Take the MSF class then spend a year or two on something smaller and lighter, like a V-Star 650.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Reaper1200
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Reaper1200 »

I agree large bikes are not great starter bikes. I started on a Sportster 1200 then moved up to the larger Intruder 1400 and now a Fatboy. I wouldn't recomend anything under 650cc. Just get what fits you all three are great bikes I like Harley but Victory makes great bikes as well.
It's not what you ride, it's just that you ride...