Hyosung Avitar GV650

Destructo
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Hyosung Avitar GV650

#1 Unread post by Destructo »

Does anyone have this bike? What do you think of it? Would you buy another one?

Recently, my Virago was rear-ended, and was deemed a Total Loss. I've been looking for another bike, and this bike was brought to my attention. It's very nice looking, and definately a bike I'd enjoy.

South Korea hasn't really been known for great engines, however, they're currently ranking higher in customer satisfaction.

sx66gns
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by sx66gns »

I can't say anything about the bikes but I read that the company is going threw some major make over , merging or being bought out.

As with anything , I always try to give my money to a company which is stable without the possibility of going belly up , some folks don't care and feel once they get the product that there is no worries about what the faceless company is doing.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

These bikes are quite similar to a Suzuki SV650, and here in Canada about $1000 cheaper. At that price it's hard to justify for most people, but maybe you can get a better deal in the States or the dealers may have more flexible pricing. I think they have a 2-year warranty too...

Here's a blurb from a Hyosung affliiate:
http://www.gekgo.com/hyosung_sport_gt65 ... ycles.html

"Hyosung is one of the largest and most respected companies in South Korea, and was founded in 1952. Hyosung Motors & Machinery Inc. was established in 1978 as a motorcycle manufacturer. In 1979 a technical relationship was established with Suzuki Motor Corp of Japan for producing Suzuki models for some Asian markets. Hyosung established its own R&D center in 1986 to develop models under the Hyosung brand for export to global markets under the banner "Made by Hyosung, Ridden by The World". 12% of staff are engaged in R&D to keep pace with aggressive development of new models suitable for export markets. Hyosung produce some models that carry a Japanese brand name that are exported worldwide, and components produced by Hyosung can be found on several other brands of motorcycles."
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

NWTrtle
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
My Motorcycle: dream

#4 Unread post by NWTrtle »

I have the GV250 and and love it. The only problem I have had is the kickstand kill switch is faulty and would kill the engine randomly while riding. I spent about thirty cents and bypassed the switch. There is one good owners forum I have found that covers both the GV250 and GV650. It is alternative cruisers (do a quick search on google).

I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to go with one. Of course, the best idea is to go take one for a test ride and decide for yourself.

QuietMonkey, I think you were thinking of the GT650 with is similar to the SV650. The GV series is the cruiser style from Hyosung.

They do come with a two year, unlimited millage parts and labor warranty.
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)
2008 Hyosung GV250 (now my wife's bike)
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB250 (Sold)
--Tim

MMO
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by MMO »

I think Hyosung is a reliable brand. Click on my sig to see other Hyosung products.

Misguided Missle
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by Misguided Missle »

Hyosung of Korea badges these bikes under 3 different names, they do have different warranties.

In the last few months, I have tried to find a replacement for my CV650s.

After manyhours and many miles, I can tell you Im sticking with this machine, until they import the CV1000se. Then Ill trade this one in for it.

My 650 so spanks the Honda and Suzuki, it isnt funny.

This year the dealers in WA and OR ran out of them. I bought the last one I could find, for the model I wanted.

The sport bike, standard bike, and crusier are ADVERSELY different. They may look kinda the same, but the running gear are far apart.

Oh yeah, I got mine because its like the gals I like:
cheap, fast, low to the ground, and clean