SV650 vs Street Triple 675

Dchi0175
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

SV650 vs Street Triple 675

#1 Unread post by Dchi0175 »

I am interested in getting one of these bikes. I have looked and test ridden both of them. I like the way both of them felt and the prices are comparable. Which one would be a better buy, as far as reliability and the ease/price of maintenance?

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by mgdavis »

The Suzuki is probably going to be cheaper to maintain.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#3 Unread post by jmillheiser »

How did you like the street triple? I am looking at one for my next bike and really like its looks.

How did it ride compared to the SV. I have ridden a few SVs before and am looking for a standard that is a step or two above the SV in performance

Dchi0175
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Dchi0175 »

I liked them both alot. I thought the Truimph had a little more of a "sporty" feel and handling about it. It felt like it was a little quicker out of the hole and a little lighter on its feet. But the SV isn't bad by any means and is one of the better bikes I have ridden. If I had to choose one today, I would probably go with the Street Triple.

KDCruise
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by KDCruise »

Hi Dchi, the suzuki would be cheaper to maintain. It would also be more reliable.....hands down. I have a friend who is an all year round biker, and he not so long ago traded in his daytona for a honda vfr800.

In all fairness the design of the daytona, which was a 2006 model i think, was nice and sporty, but I remember talking to him about it, and he said he had suffered numerous problems.

Suzukis on the other hand are more often than not, bomb proof.

If reliability and maintenance werent an issue however, I would imagine many people would go for the tripple..........bags of fun to ride apparantly.
Whatever you do, think about it first!

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#6 Unread post by Brackstone »

I could barely flat foot the street triple. Man bikes make me feel short :|
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#7 Unread post by jmillheiser »

im not exactly that tall myself, but I haven't flat footed while stopped since my first few months of riding, left foot on the ground, right foot on the brake for me. So far the only bikes that have presented height issues for me are the taller dual sports and dirtbikes.