Any input on upsizing to a Victory for a newer rider?

thetreesalso
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Any input on upsizing to a Victory for a newer rider?

#1 Unread post by thetreesalso »

Hi there, I just got my endorsement and my first ride (Kawasaki Vulcan 500) this past summer and I was at the International Motorcycle Show this past week (it's winter now) and tried out the new Vistory Vegas Low. It's three times the engine I'm used to but it fit me like a glove and it felt like my wee little Kawasaki even though it was a much bigger bike. BTW, I'm short and of small build. 5'3' and 140. My hubby's bike feels WAY too big for me (Honda Aero 1100) weight wise but I'm feeling ready to upsize from my current bike. I tried all the Harley's and had a hard time with the weight and balance, the Yamaha's felt OK, the Honda's (incl my hubby bike and the smaller ones) just don't fit me and the Suzuki's (Boulevard) feel pretty good BUT not as good as that Victory. Any Victory owners out there have any input? Any experienced riders have any input re: upsizing so soon? All input would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! This forum rocks!
Last edited by thetreesalso on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

If you have found a bigger bike that fits you and makes you feel confident before you even start the engine, then you're ready to upsize.

You go, girl!
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

thetreesalso
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by thetreesalso »

Thanks Mike, I needed to feed my rationalization to buy it :). I can't wait for better weather to take a test ride! Come on spring--hurry up!! I live in the WRONG state for biking!