flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Looking for online reviews of differnt cruisers

#1 Unread post by flw »

I'm looking for some online sites that have reviews of different touring and cruisers from most mfg's. Most mag's just talk about custom bikes or ones that are so high end that most riders couldn't consider them as a new bike.

I've read all the review I could find here was well as the year by year guides totalmotorcycle put together, I'm looking for other (riders) opinions that have ridden or tested many other bikes.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Here you go, five pages of links to reviews: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/index.html

I used this a lot several years ago when we were shopping, and thought we were cruiser people (... found out we're not. :lol: )
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

bobster 40
Rookie
Rookie

Harley Softail Deluxe

#3 Unread post by bobster 40 »

I own a 07 Softail Deluxe, I'm a 43 year old woman, started on a Nightster 1200 and quickly jumped into a deluxe after a month or more.
Incredible bike, we drive for hours up into the mountains. I put 2001 Springer saddle bags on it, because of their room and spend many over night trips. My husband loves the bike and he rides a 2008 Harley Street Glide, both bikes are smooth and comfortable. Street Glide was a bit top heavy for me at first, but after several rides on it I find the bike easy to handle and love the way it glides on turns, very much like the Softail deluxe.

I work at Harley and we sell alot of Road Kings, great all around bike.

BusaEater
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by BusaEater »

"Google" the bike you're interested in.

Simple as that.
"Stupid Hurts"

My Bikes:
'01 Honda RC51
'02 Honda CBR600 F4i stunt bike.

paul246
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by paul246 »

jstark47 wrote:Here you go, five pages of links to reviews: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/index.html

I used this a lot several years ago when we were shopping, and thought we were cruiser people (... found out we're not. :lol: )
I'll second jstark's recommendation. If you are open to a used bike you may wish to consider a Honda Valkyrie, available as a Standard, Tourer or Interstate model. Absolutely fantastic machine.
There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

Honda XR650L Dual-Sport

MMO
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by MMO »

paul246 wrote:
jstark47 wrote:Here you go, five pages of links to reviews: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/index.html

I'll second jstark's recommendation. If you are open to a used bike you may wish to consider a Honda Valkyrie, available as a Standard, Tourer or Interstate model. Absolutely fantastic machine.
Yeah, I was just about to say that.. Motor Cycle Cruiser gives you good and accurate reviews and product specs.