Product review of Fox Creek Leathers Classic II Jacket

m.jdegeiso
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Product review of Fox Creek Leathers Classic II Jacket

#1 Unread post by m.jdegeiso »

We've just comepleted a review of Fox Creek Leather's Classic II Jacket. Fox Creek Leather is known for their High Quality, US Made leathers, so we thought we would give them a look.

Our review of the best motorcycle jacket we've found. The Fox Creek Leather's Classic II Jacket.

If you are in the market for best motorcycle jacket you can find, you should check out this one! This jacket has all the classic lines that motorcyclists have come to know. And with it's lifetime guarantee, should be with you a long time.

When the jacket arrived we were amazed right from the point of opening the box. The jacket is good and heavy, both in actual weight and in the thickness of the hide. Yet putting it on the fit was great and the assistance I got from Fox Creek Leather in sizing it was right on. The leather is plenty soft to allow for freedom of movement while giving you a secure feeling of being wrapped snug. All the snaps and zippers are heavy duty and the zipper tabs are tucked away nice for a clean look. The pocket lining is made of a heavy duty material and should last for a long time.

Ventilation has been well considered with sleeve cuffs that unzip and vents inside the arm at the elbow. There are vents at the shoulders in front and along the sides in the back allowing a large area seam free for organizational patches and lettering.

The jacket also comes with a zip out lining and a buttoned in neck warmer. This added insulation provides added warmth and the neck warmer keeps the wind out well while being very soft to the touch.

All in all this is a great jacket with only two areas that I would think requires some redesign and they are in the liner, not the jacket. The neck warmer is attached with two buttons and I believe over time may become worn out and need repair. I believe a sewn in neck warmer would be more secure and with the softness of this neck warmer would note be an issue with extra material behind you. The other problem is the attachment of the liner sleeve to the inside of the jacket sleeve. The buttons are attached with elastic and are inserted into a loop of elastic in the jacket. Over time this elastic may stretch out causing the liner to have problems staying attached. A sewn in button and a tab of material would be better to use for this.

One last note for those thinking about purchasing a jacket design like this. With a classic collar design like this, helmet movement is a bit restricted when trying to look up. So if you have a bike where you are leaning forward over the gas tank you will have trouble with this type of collar. For a cruiser or touring bike this is an ideal jacket for looks and safety and we would highly recommend this jacket to anyone looking for a classic.

Mike
Judy and Mike
2001 Gl1800 Pearl Blue (over 82,000 miles)
GWRRA Delaware A
http://www.motorcycle-touring-made-easy.com