ARE HARLEYS WHAT THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE?

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: ARE HARLEYS WHAT THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE?

#131 Unread post by Hanson »

I think it must be harder to sell a used life stile than a used motorcycle. To get good money for a used H-D, you must sell both the motorcycle and the image, just like a dealership.
ImageImage

SamEdward
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012 BMW F650

#132 Unread post by SamEdward »

Bubba wrote:Stopped off at Brians Harley Davidson in Langhorne, Pa. the other day while out riding. Had a good look at all the bikes he had to offer, but once again the price outweighed the want.
I heard all the usual selling points including "maintaining their value", etc.
I think this was hashed about before, but are Harleys all they are being sold to be?
Are they better made? Are they more reliable? Do they hold their resale value?
Are they worth the extra thousands and do you get your moneys worth?

I'd like to here from you diehard Harley riders and try to leave your prejudices behind.
(Former owners are welcome too. :) )

ARE HARLEYS WHAT THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE?
:?

I would say that they are costly but they do last longer and the design of them are quite amazing too

Iron-head
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 73 Iron, 07 DX

#133 Unread post by Iron-head »

Again, late to this party. Down with an injury and bored!!!

All I can say is there are 14 pages here devoted to a discussion about HD's. This site, from what I can tell is not at all HD dominated. So, all this discussion from non-hd riders or HD critics is making a huge point. They are relevant to the extreme. Resale values come and go like the weather. Not so long ago we were trading 3-4 year old bikes in and upgrading to the recent model year while only adding a couple 2-3 grand at most - outdadoor. A "trade-in", not an outright sale! It was more bizarre yet in the 80's, when we were selling our "place in line" for $500. to purchase what was then a shortage of HD bikes. Popularity outranks all else.

It's a crap shoot with all vehicles and resale, but I find it odd, to say the least, that anyone should be so concerned with resale before even purchasing that vehicle, especially a non-essential, luxury or part-time vehicle.