Johnny pag Motorcycles JPM

Chriso
Rookie
Rookie

Johnny pag Motorcycles JPM

#1 Unread post by Chriso »

Just curious if anyone has tried any of these bikes? They all seem to have 300cc motors and I was curious if they were any good for beginners, if they rode nice, or built well. I cant seem to get much info on these bikes other than the website johnnypag.com

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

These look like dumped chinese bikes. For $3300 you could get a Hyosung.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

I've seen the JPG bikes up close and they seem to be well built. The motor is manufactured by the same company that makes motors for Suzuki, so quality and reliability shouldn't be an issue here. The rest of the bike is hand made in the USA and there are many interesting paint options available, but I think the price is a bit on the high side.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Chriso
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Chriso »

Hmm Yea I've been real interested in getting the new pro street that they have but I was not sure if a 300cc would be a good beginner as well. The bike seemed to look nice but I also read that the JPM's only have a max speed of 75mph. Most cars in the highway in my area go that fast so I wasnt sure if that was efficient. As you can see this question belongs in the beginner riders section so I hope you guys don't mind me asking. thanks.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#5 Unread post by Brackstone »

A speed limit of 75? I wonder why, I guess they must have a limiter on the bike.

My Kawasaki Ninja 250 got up to 100mph, not that I ever did that or anything :whistling:
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

Canadian Biker Magazine did a test on one a couple of months ago and thought it was a decent bike.

mswarrior
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Johnny Pag Spyder Owner

#7 Unread post by mswarrior »

Hi all, I bought the Spyder 300 in Sept and love it. I had the tank & fenders custom painted after a mishap with a cab that cut me off. It went down hard and survived with only minor cosmetic damage. This is a great starter bike, I have MS and have reduced strength and this bike is so light and manageable I can handle it. It is NOT a touring bike by any means, I have straight pipes and it's jetted but it is not built for touring. I've been on a couple four hour rides and thats about all I could take. The RPM'S are up at about 6000 at 110 Km and it gets annoying with straight pipes. This is an awesome town cruiser that gets tons of second looks and everyone who sees it has to sit on it.
Many say live to ride, I say ride is to live.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

Gummiente wrote:The motor is manufactured by the same company that makes motors for Suzuki
:what?!:

Where did you hear this? Suzuki makes their own motors.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Johnny Pag Spyder Owner

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

mswarrior wrote:Hi all, I bought the Spyder 300 in Sept and love it. I had the tank & fenders custom painted after a mishap with a cab that cut me off. It went down hard and survived with only minor cosmetic damage. This is a great starter bike, I have MS and have reduced strength and this bike is so light and manageable I can handle it. It is NOT a touring bike by any means, I have straight pipes and it's jetted but it is not built for touring. I've been on a couple four hour rides and thats about all I could take. The RPM'S are up at about 6000 at 110 Km and it gets annoying with straight pipes. This is an awesome town cruiser that gets tons of second looks and everyone who sees it has to sit on it.
Welcome back....it's been a while and it's great to hear that you are still riding. No more VFR?
Last edited by High_Side on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

HYPERR wrote:Where did you hear this? Suzuki makes their own motors.
http://www.wonjanmoto.com/
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride