jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Honda VTX1300

#1 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Anyone have one and feel like sharing their impressions? Thinking of getting one soon because I sat on one at a local used bike dealer and loved it the minute my backside touched the seat.

Mostly I'm curious how it feels at highway speeds, is the transmission geared properly for extended travel at 80 mph or will I be winding the engine a bit higher than its comfort zone at that speed for about 3 hours? I live in AZ and if you don't do 80 on the freeway you're likely to get run down, I have people tailgating me like crazy in my 2500HD Chevy Diesel because I set the cruise at 70 to get 20mpg.

I know I'll feel the weight of it in town--speed limit's 30-40 all the way to work--and I think I'm ready for that, just concerned about higher speeds because I drive every other weekend out to my grandma's house and it's 200 miles each way.

HD1200C
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by HD1200C »

From what I've heard the VTX 1300's are great bikes. I almost bought one but decided against it due to it's weight. I'm sure once you get the wheels moving it wont seem like that much at all. And I ride my Sporty on the highway daily 60-70MPH and it does fine...I'm sure the 1300 does even better.
Don't squat with your spurs on.

Ranger2081
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

VTX 1300C

#3 Unread post by Ranger2081 »

Got a 1300C and love it. Had a GoldWing but with bad knees it was to heavy. At 70 years old I am not trying to impress anyone so I got a 1300 for comfort. Had it a year and no complaints at all. It will cruse all day at 70 and still be ready to go.
Ranger2081

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: VTX 1300C

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

Ranger2081 wrote:At 70 years old I am not trying to impress anyone
Well, you've certainly impressed me. Kudos to you, sir! :cheers:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

cdurocher
Rookie
Rookie

My first

#5 Unread post by cdurocher »

My first bike!

I just love it! It's seem big at first but woww it runs smoothly and got some good power in it! I'm a beginner and it work perfect for me.

Cheers,

jaskc78
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#6 Unread post by jaskc78 »

yeah, just to re-address this, i was recently killing time at a local shop and one of the other guys that was also just hanging out looking at bikes had a VTX1300 that he let me take for a spin around the parking lot.

was very surprised at how quickly the weight of that bike disappears, i'd say right around 4 mph the bike really wants to stand up on its own and hold a line. it also turned a lot easier than i think i was expecting it to. i was actually holding the bars to keep it from leaning over farther than i wanted it to because i wanted to do a tight turn and then just sorta do a nice slow sustained sweeping turn.

unfortunately, i didn't get to try it out at highway speeds, but the owner and i did talk quite a bit about the bike and he said what everyone else here has said--great on the highway, cruises nice and smooth.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.