Corbin Nightmare

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by canuckerjay »

Wow man. I bought a Corbin Stinger for my vstar in 2006 -- they shipped me a seat for a Classic and I have a Custom. They called the day it was delivered to say they made a mistake. No comp offered, just sent UPS to pick it up and delivered the Custom model a week later.

But overall I was happy with the product.

from your pic, you seem to have the crappiest seat in the world. It looks like some grade 10 kid made it for a tech project. I don't blame you for reporting it. After a year, I'd say you've been quite patient. I hope you forward this to Corbin, and (I'm just guessing you've done it) similar reports made on other forums. I had no idea Corbin was dropping the ball like this in, what sounds like from the Triumph reports, numerous cases.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

Malorie
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by Malorie »

Update:

I did get a response to my report to the BBB. Unfortunately, it was basically the same thing they told me on the phone. "I'll make sure it gets taken care of." Which apearently means "No refund, I'll see that the POS gets shipped back to you again." I'll be recieving it back from them tomorrow. It had better be perfect or they'll have it back again and again until it is. I marked the seatpan, so if it isn't changed out it'll be headed back to them immediately. Anymore, I don't care if I ever get to ride the darn thing. I just want something I can sell off with a clear concience and hopefully recoup some of the money I lost on this mistake.

They have to have lost $300 in shipping at this point. Plus all the time their techs have spent recovering/repairing it. It has to have cost them more than a refund would have.

I'm sure I'll be out a few hundred dollars myself for having dealt with them.