Marvin
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Yamaha TMAX Scooter

#1 Unread post by Marvin »

I consider myself as an experienced rider, I have owned crotch rockets and cruiser bikes in the past, I know how to use a clutch!
But I "LOVE" the TMAX, yes, its automatic, no gear shift, no clutch, the biggest surprize is the sport bike handling and balance, I find myself taking hairpin curves faster and more confident than riding a crotch rocket, its fast for a 500cc, but any 600cc crotch rocket is faster, you won't win any races with it, but you will be able to take the curves just as fast as any crotch rocket.
The balance is wonderful, you can balance it upright with your feet up on the floorboards while stopped at a red light.
gas mileage is 51 mpg, top speed is 110, it can out accelerate any cruiser bike from a stop because while they are shifting gears they slow down and the TMAX is automatic, no gears to shift and its still accelerating.
The wind protection is great except for the stock windscreen, I plan on changing it, but you get great wind and weather protection on your legs and feet.
The under-seat storage is great, I can fit a full face helmet, or 4 full shopping bags of food under it.
I just purchaced it a week ago, its a new 2009, got it for OTD price of $6120
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

JTRogue
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2008 Kawasaki Versys

Re: Yamaha TMAX Scooter

#2 Unread post by JTRogue »

Good deal. I have ridden the Burgman 650 for over a year now and really enjoy it, it sounds pretty similar
1982 Honda SilverWing GL500
2008 Hyosung Rally Prima 50 (dorky but fun)
2005 Suzuki Burgman AN650
2008 Kawasaki Versys KLE650A

Quo Vadimus

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

momule
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650

#4 Unread post by momule »

I really had my heart set on the T-Max but after riding one today I found that even at 6' tall I couldn't flat foot the scoot at stops. The running board gets in the way and even with one foot down it leans so far to the side to flat foot that I was concerned about balance. This is somewhat of a problem with scooters in general but it's important to me...and that's what matters to me. Otherwise this is a wonderful ride. Knock off several thousand dollars from the price and take care of the leg to ground issue and I suspect they couldn't ship enough of these machines to the US.
"ONE DAY AT A TIME"

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#5 Unread post by Thumper »

I must admit, were I looking for a scooter, the TMax would be at the top of the list. I just wish the US could get the ABS model... If we could, I have a Gladius I'd trade for one...

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2010 HD sportster XL1200 custom

#6 Unread post by dirt dobber »

I had 1, click on photo gallery, then click Harley Davison for dirt dobber's pictures.
i love my H-D, i could never go back to a scooter. get same milage more on tires, less maintance.