Honda or Harley?

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#61 Unread post by Sev »

Bigger does not always equal better. Just because a bike has what is now considered to be a small displacement does not make it any less of a bike or the rider any less of a biker.

The only riders that I don't respect are the ones that recklessly endanger both themselves and others. Or the ones who are in it only for the image. I think we call them Squids and RUBS respectively.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

RangerG
Regular
Regular

#62 Unread post by RangerG »

Today I put the deposit on a 2006 1200 Custom. I added a sissy bar with pad for my babe, and a crash bar..or "motor protector" as they call it.

I will get some leather saddle bags later.

It'll be here end of this week, or beginning of next.

The fun part was when they asked "How would you like to finance your purchase"...I replied...Cash..you do still take that...right? :P
2006 Harley 1200 Sportster
1948 Simplex Servi-Cycle
1944 Cushman Military Police 3 Wheel

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#63 Unread post by Gummiente »

RangerG wrote:Today I put the deposit on a 2006 1200 Custom.
Congrats! :righton:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#64 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

The New Sporties have come a Looong way since my one, which is a 97 1200 Custom.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it....once you put on performance mufflers & maybe re-chip & de-restrict it.

Love the Tank on the new 1200's!

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#65 Unread post by Sev »

I've always thought it's funny that people will spend 12grand on a harley then drop an additional 3 or 4 just to get it up to 140 or so HP. When for 9-10 grand you could just get an R1.

If all people care about is HP why are they buying V-twins?
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

mustangski
Elite
Elite

#66 Unread post by mustangski »

Because not everybody likes sport bikes. Me personally I would never own a sport bike, just don't really like the look of them. As for the V-twin, it produces a better sound. I like the deep rumble and the look of the whole thing. Plus gas mileage is better, my v4 magna only got 30-35 mpg. My sportster gets 50-55. There is a whole bunch of reasons that people like them, but the main one is that everybody is different.
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#67 Unread post by Aggroton »

sweat!!!

my father in law is selling his....but i got to ride his 2004 1200 sportster last month...i cant wait to get a harley...
thats a sweet bike.

RangerG
Regular
Regular

#68 Unread post by RangerG »

Sevulturus wrote:I've always thought it's funny that people will spend 12grand on a harley then drop an additional 3 or 4 just to get it up to 140 or so HP. When for 9-10 grand you could just get an R1.

Well...I am just not into sport style bikes with the exception of the Harley V-Rod with the bomber II paint job...for an additional 4 grand.. :roll:
2006 Harley 1200 Sportster
1948 Simplex Servi-Cycle
1944 Cushman Military Police 3 Wheel

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#69 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

Sevulturus wrote:I've always thought it's funny that people will spend 12grand on a harley then drop an additional 3 or 4 just to get it up to 140 or so HP. When for 9-10 grand you could just get an R1.

Because some people prefer that type of configuration, not to mention the Torque....rather than the super smooth inline engines.

Sometimes it's just not about saving a buck.

ronboskz650sr
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#70 Unread post by ronboskz650sr »

I totally get both sides. I seem to go through phases of what I like best, but the two wheel cool seems to override the four wheel cool nowadays. I still like well-done hot rods, and cars in general ( not the new ones). Seems like a plain old sporster will draw my attention away from a 34 ford these days, though. People ARE different, and I'm a people. :lol:
Ride safe...God bless!
-Ron
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/avatartotal.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/wholebikeavatar2.jpg[/img]