momule
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650

Burgman 650 Scooter

#1 Unread post by momule »

I was set to dislike it and I really wanted a touring bike. What I ended up with in my 07 Burgman is a bike that I have fallen in love with. It has enough power to run two-up on the big roads all day long, it's stable, quick, and agile. With my Givi bags I can carry enough to tour with no problem and it's an easy long day in the saddle.

When I wear this one out I'll most likely get another. It does everything pretty well and some things great. So what if it's a scooter...it's not like any scooter anyone has ever experienced and it'll run circles around many other bikes in almost every category.
"ONE DAY AT A TIME"

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Burgman 650 Scooter

#2 Unread post by High_Side »

I ended up on one at a Suzuki test ride as it was the only thing not booked between the test rides I had booked on bikes that I wanted to ride. I can honestly say I was really surprised at how well it worked. I hit 170km / hr. fairly quickly and and low speeds around town it was so stable that you would almost forget to put your feet down at a stop-light. I'm still not interested in owning one, but I can see why people are.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

Re: Burgman 650 Scooter

#3 Unread post by Thumper »

If I was going to buy another scooter, I think that would be the one. I had a Piaggio MP3 and loved it (and I miss it, which I really didn't expect) but I'd like the next ride (if I ever change bikes) to have ABS. And the Burgman can be triked if needed as I get old(er) ;)

Bike, scooter, two wheels, three wheels...they're all pretty spiffy, IMNSHO.