touring bikes

Warlock
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

touring bikes

#1 Unread post by Warlock »

Anyone here ride or riden a VFR750. I trying to buy an 04 ST Sprint but I'm not sure I'm going to get the financing through on it. I found the 93 VFR for pretty good price but the smaller motor bothers me. Tt felt comfurtable and the balance seemed pretty good but being an older model I can't find to much out about it. I haven't even been able to find an Horse power rating on it. It's got to have some power our it won't be any use to me as it's going to have me and the wife on it together (Most of the time anyways :mrgreen: ) Hope I can get some feed back on this bike.
LIVE 2 RIDE & RIDE 2 LIVE!!

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by JCS »

We have a 86 VFR750. A little more on the sporty side than the 93. I love the pearl white on the 93. The 86 is rated at 105 hp. Not sure what the 93 is but probably in that ballpark.I don't know how long of rides you are planning on doing two up but for us my wife said about a hundred miles at a time is about it for her. Solo you should have no problem.
We do some sport-touring with the bike and it is not a problem. She rides the 750 and I take the VF1000F. She has a tank bag for trips and a set of TourMaster saddlebags and the tail bag that attaches to them. We have also added a Ventura rack to give her something to strap things to. A cheap cruise control was added so she could rest her throttle hand occassionally. On the 86 the mirrors gave you a great view of your shoulders so we recently rigged different ones. These seem to work better. She also uses it for commuting to work whenever the weather decides to cooperate. About 50 miles round trip.

Hope this helps some.

PS

A friend in South Carolina had a 93 VFR until last fall. Very sweet bike.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

Warlock
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by Warlock »

Thanks for the reply JCS, yes it does help. A 100 miles is a bit short for a lot of the rides were planing but for the beging of the summer it sounds like it will work fine. I kind of hope my wife will want to learn to ride herself then it could easly become hers any. Your right about that Pearl White, it's very sharp. I did think it would be hard to keep it that way though. The bike has had a lot of mods done to it as well . Touring shield,heated grips,speed control,and a Two Brothers exhaust so it is a pretty nicely set up.

I'm still hoping that my financing goes through on the Truimph though. If my Taxes get back soon enough I might just buy the VFR anyway. I can always resell it if the wife doesn't care for riding and perfers to remain eye candy on the back of mine.

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by JCS »

Maybe I should clarify that a little. At 100 miles she is ready for a stretch if she is riding on the passenger seat. Also bear in mind she is about 5'9" so the passenger pegs are a little high for her. Solo she will do quite a bit more.
When we mounted the saddlebags I had to make some brackets to move the rear turnsignals back because the passenger pegs were covered with the bags.
If you get the 93 and don't want to keep it you could always donate it to me in appreciation for being prompt and helpful in responding to your posts. I might even pick it up to save you some on shipping!!! :D
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

space_man
Rookie
Rookie

A GOOD SITE FOR BASIC SPEC'S

#5 Unread post by space_man »

Check this out
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_ ... f_1993.php

and if you like the site and want to donate the bike i would not just pick it from you but i would even buy you dinner.

space_man
dont dwell on the problem............ think of the solution....

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by JCS »

I'll up that to dinner and a bottle of your choice.

Warlock
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by Warlock »

:laughing: That would be one expensive dinner .

I do like it a lot and it seems to have quite the suport group everywhere I look. I guess it will end up being decided on what kind of deal they give me. I only have limited founds to buy out right . I'm still looking at a couple of other bikes they have to that I could buy outright and still have enough left to take the first weekend trip as soon as I get home with it.

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by JCS »

Warlock I think you are not paying attention. I think that I did mention the term "DONATE." Now, got get the VFR, ride it twice and send the sucker to me. You really wouldn't like it anyway. I'll just do you a favor and get it out of your way so it doesn't take up garage space. Now get to it. I have space ready. I don't want to have to tell you again. :lol: