Any one ride the Ducati SR2?

teknoman
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Any one ride the Ducati SR2?

#1 Unread post by teknoman »

We finally got a new Ducati Dealership here in Las Vegas.They also have the new Motoguzzi 1100 Breva,Vespa etc.They were[are] a Victory dealership.My question is this.They have a beautiful new S2R ,black with tangerine stripe .,with Arrow titanium exhausts.Has anyone riden one yet?The asking price is $8999.00 for the bike+fees and 1250 for the exhausts,so I figure around 11K out the door.I don,t mind paying the markup as I realize the dealer has to make some cash,and this guy is sticking his neck out.In a town of Victory,s and H-D,s he is also going to import the Motoguzzi Norge,and some Aprilia,s .Sorry I lost my train off thought,but has anyone ridden the SR2,and is the price too high?thanks!
RJM.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re: Any one ride the Ducati SR2?

#2 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

teknoman wrote:We finally got a new Ducati Dealership here in Las Vegas.They also have the new Motoguzzi 1100 Breva,Vespa etc.They were[are] a Victory dealership.My question is this.They have a beautiful new S2R ,black with tangerine stripe .,with Arrow titanium exhausts.Has anyone riden one yet?The asking price is $8999.00 for the bike+fees and 1250 for the exhausts,so I figure around 11K out the door.I don,t mind paying the markup as I realize the dealer has to make some cash,and this guy is sticking his neck out.In a town of Victory,s and H-D,s he is also going to import the Motoguzzi Norge,and some Aprilia,s .Sorry I lost my train off thought,but has anyone ridden the SR2,and is the price too high?thanks!
No clue on the ride, but i'd ask them to either knock off the price of a stock exhaust system, or include it with the bike.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by teknoman »

Thank,s I,ll send the wife in to buy it when I get all the info.They won,t stand :shock: a chance! : :twisted: :mrgreen:
RJM.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#4 Unread post by High_Side »

My wife has an '05 800S2R:

A fun bike for both her and I :P
And I'm working on the justification for a set of these.....

teknoman
Regular
Regular

Thanks!!!

#5 Unread post by teknoman »

Nice bro!Very nice! How tallis she?I,m 5ft 5 and 1/2 inches.The one in the store has arrow pipes,and when the dealer turned it on,sounded like a bunch of dishes being thrown into anempty sink!! :mrgreen: I gotta have it!.Would love to pull up next to some cruiser guy with loud pipes and rev this puppy up! :shock: Since pipes would be right by his head!
RJM.

High_Side

Re: Thanks!!!

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

teknoman wrote:Nice bro!Very nice! How tallis she?I,m 5ft 5 and 1/2 inches.The one in the store has arrow pipes,and when the dealer turned it on,sounded like a bunch of dishes being thrown into anempty sink!! :mrgreen: I gotta have it!.Would love to pull up next to some cruiser guy with loud pipes and rev this puppy up! :shock: Since pipes would be right by his head!
She is 5'4" on a good day and I had to have it lowered....alot. She is very good on it now and the bike has improved her riding drastically, but until I lowered it, it was a nightmare. There is no way she will EVER let me sell that bike now. It's a keeper. :P

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by teknoman »

Yeah, my wife keeps looking at my old gsf 500 and knows I,m going to get a new bike. I,ve been putting her off about her learning ,only because she drives her Silverado truck like it,s a sportscar :shock: !We are two old geezers[54,and 55],but I,m not ready for the cruiser crowd yet.Anyway, thanks!I believe then it will fit my 5ft51/2 in.frame.Any probs/price with maintenance?How much did they charge you for the first 600mi?. :?
RJM.

blaidd drwg
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by blaidd drwg »

I test rode the Monster and it was frighteningly fun. Like flipping the "hooligan/a-hole" switch though. My wife owns a Monster 620 which is too small for me (I'm 6 ft); the 800cc Monster (and the 1000cc) were much better fits for me.

I thought the S2R was ride-height adjustable? I don't know much about that feature; I just know it was set up perfectly for me, but may be too tall for you.

I think $11000 OTD is steep; the Arrow exhaust is their way of marking it up a la Harley-Davidson. H-D uses the same sleezy tricks. Arrow cans only go for around $800 I think, add in $300 if it needs a Power Commander, which I think it does, and $1200 seems about right. If it's a full Arrow system, replacing the ugly "cow stomach" chamber on the bottom of the bike, then it's a great deal, if you want to replace the stock exhaust with Arrow anyway.

Personally, I'd spend the $11000 on a S2R 1000, rather than the S2R 800.

High_Side

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

teknoman wrote:Yeah, my wife keeps looking at my old gsf 500 and knows I,m going to get a new bike. I,ve been putting her off about her learning ,only because she drives her Silverado truck like it,s a sportscar :shock: !We are two old geezers[54,and 55],but I,m not ready for the cruiser crowd yet.Anyway, thanks!I believe then it will fit my 5ft51/2 in.frame.Any probs/price with maintenance?How much did they charge you for the first 600mi?. :?
The maintenance ain't cheap....anyone who tells you otherwise is lying! I knew this going in, and I knew that she would put low miles on it (kids, job, quads, and dirt bikes take up a lot of time). Still, we finally receieved it in late June (ordered in January) and put 4200km on it this past year. As for other problems: There was a bolt missing from the rear signal light so it broke, and the clear coat started to peel on the fairing. Both were covered by warrantee no charge. As for ride height adjustability, we believed that it was when we ordered it, but in reality the range of adjustability is miniscule. You have to buy the lowering link from East-Side Ducati which they hadn't quite developed when we picked-up our bike. The cost of the link is around $120 if I remember correctly. Now it sits LOW. If you are under 5'6" I would say that this is a must have. Now the bike is way too low for me though (5'11"):cry: :P
This has been a great bike to own though. It is ALOT of fun and pretty comfortable as well. The wide handlebars take some getting used to after years of sportbikes but they are a good improvement in the end. Personally I want the 1000 but with the wet clutch of the 800. I don't buy into the clattery-bang Ducati dry clutch mystique. They sound like garbage and the clutch springs feel like they are made out of wood. Until that changes, the 800 will do just fine. (SHE wouldn't want anything bigger anyways....and it IS her bike!)

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by teknoman »

Thanks for all the feedback,folks.,both pro and con.In the meantime,I got a call from the triumph dealer.teeling me that the Dayona 675.s will be arriving in May! :mrgreen: Think I may just"wait around" for it!
RJM.