oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

Sturgis

#1 Unread post by oldnslo »

I just watched about a half hour of a tv show on National Geographic channel called "Sturgis--Hell on Wheels", and maybe some of you will want to try to catch it this week.
It's a combination of spring break, chopper sales lot, Mardi Gras, and heavy doses of circus sideshow. They said that whatever happens at Sturgis stays at Sturgis, and I think that is as it should be.
Not for my taste, but maybe somebody will go for it. A friend of mine bought a $23,000 Harley with the single idea in mind to ride it to the big shindig there.
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

I would love to ride to Sturis one year, just for the party. I would make it a point to do it on a naked japanese bike, though. It would be a conversation starter if nothing else...... 8)
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

keysman

#3 Unread post by keysman »

I noticed on that show they commented on a couple of sport bikes. They said they were only made for speed and they were hardcore and very uncomfortable or something along those lines. In other words they were different than the other 50 thousand bikes so they must suck a$$. :laughing:
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#4 Unread post by jmillheiser »

A few of my coworkers went to Sturgis (its a short trip from SE wyoming). Got to hear a few of their stories. One of my coworkers got married up there last week.

Another had the misfortune of being the first responder to a serious bike accident, the lady riding in front of him in their group got into the gravel and put it down at a pretty good clip, luckily she was wearing a helmet and full gear and ended up with a broken arm being her worst injury, suprisingly the ambulance was on the scene in less than 5 min (this being in the middle of nowhere in the black hills).

Also heard the usual stories about the stuff that goes on up there.