#1 Unread post by Ladymx »

Product: Xena XR1 disk Lock
Product Type: Security
Manufacture: Xena Intellegent Security
URL: http://www.xenasecurity.com/home/current/lock/
Product Rating: 7.5/10
Retail Price: $100US

What Xena Say's:
The Xena XR1 is a convenient and cost-effective theft-deterrent that does double-duty as a lock and a piercing 110db alarm - all in a compact and attractively designed disc-lock that fits in the palm of your hand.

The XR1's body and key barrel are designed to withstand picking, tampering and blunt shock. Simply attach the lock to your bike's brake disc and the alarm's sophisticated electronic unit arms itself: any motion or metal strike shock sets off a very clear warning to any would-be thief, and makes any sustained attempt to move your bike very uncomfortable and conspicuous indeed.

This lock is very easy to use, only need the key to open the lock and turn the alarm off. To lock it you just push it closed.
It is a very small lock that is not over wieght. fits easily under a bike seat of nearly all motocycles.
The lock fits snug on thicker diskes of cruisers and the thiner disks of the sport bikes.
You can even change the level of sensitivity, but with a really windy day on high sensitivity it will go off.
I dont think it goes off long enough, but it is loud enough.
I also found it could be easily silenced, if once knew it was going to go off in the first place, but a shocking surprise to the unknowing.
It has an adaption which incorporates a cable lock as well.
They supply three keys and dont make any more for you if you lose them.
They also have a choice of colors, for personal preference or to match the bike.
This is just their commutor model, they do have other more secure models.
:twocents:

oc2only
Rookie
Rookie

xena locks

#2 Unread post by oc2only »

:lol: I like the security, and have only found one flaw, when it rains and it gets wet it chirps until it dries out. I had to wrap it in a towel and hide it under my jacket all the way home from a friends hoping a cop would not hear it and stop me.