BEWARE Leatherup.com details inside...

whip
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

BEWARE Leatherup.com details inside...

#1 Unread post by whip »

I made the mistake of buying something from leatherup.com read my story. if this is in the wrong place please move it since there are a ton of topics here.

http://members.clnk.com/whip69/leatherup.htm
Beware of leatherup.com!!!

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#2 Unread post by kabob983 »

Hrm, you must be really upset. First day on the forum and you're already spitting hellfire! My work filter won't let me check your post...so good luck!

Well, welcome to TMW and I hope you get everything sorted out!

BTW...who's leatherup.com? I've never heard of 'em before.

*edit* hrm, I just checked their website. No brands on anything, looks sketchy!
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Kaiser Soze
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Kaiser Soze »

Damn, that bag looks seriously messed up. Is there no kind of hard side inside the bag? Looks like the leather is just bending.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#4 Unread post by ofblong »

either the bag is missing the inside liner, which is your fault you didnt check if that is the case, or you installed it wrong. if it is missing the liner then leatherup is in the right because you did install it without checking the bag out BEFORE putting holes in it. I dont feel sorry for you if the case is the liner isnt there like its supposed to be.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

whip
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by whip »

Both bags are identical, one stands like it should the other is bent. They are not the best bags in the world and I don't really want replacements because the quality just is not there. It's the principal of the matter. There is something wrong with the one bag and they are not owning up to the promises on their site.

I would not have made a big deal but I know there is something wrong with the bag and they are not making it right. They have a satisfaction guarantee and I am not satisfied at all...

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#6 Unread post by CNF2002 »

From the pics the bags look to be mounted identically. Whether or not the customer made a mistake or failed to examine the bags before installing, the company should make it right for their customer, even if they may not be legally bound to. Something is wrong with the bag, and honestly its not the customer's job to verify product quality before using the product, that's the job of the manufacturer.

Resell the bag? What difference does having holes in it make? The bag is still defective whether there are holes or not...the fact that they appear to be eager to resell a defective bag is questionable.

Thanks for the warning, not a good place to do business with. Being in business means you sometimes have to deal with stupid or inept customers, but you still have to make them happy. Whoever is in customer service over there isn't too bright...they could have replaced the bags, or exchanged for another type, and the OP would have been back for more business. Now they lost a customer, and who knows how many others by word of mouth. Making your customers happy is #1, even if you don't make any money off of them on every single sale.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

whip
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by whip »

BRAVO!! :clapping: CNF2002 gets it! Thank you very much!

Here is a pic (not that great) I just took of the bike with the new bags(throw over) You can't see the backrest but it is there. I'll post another pic later...

I like these bags a lot better.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I moved this thread to the Motorcycle Product Reviews forum as Leatherup.com IS NOT a motorcycle manufacturer.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#9 Unread post by ofblong »

lol I wasnt trying to backup either leatherup nor the OP. You should ALWAYS check things over BEFORE intalling them.

1. Will give you less of a headache knowing there is an issue before installing because well you wont try to make something fit that wont.

2. You dont have the issue like above.

3. Because the place you bought it from most likely has high schoolers working for them who could give a rats less about whats being sent out so most likely wont look at the product to make sure it is correct before sending them out.

4. Because there is a chance that your product "may" break something else because of something wrong though usually if it is installed without needing to drill holes or anything of that matter the "warranty" will cover what got fried assuming it was installed correctly.

However I do have 1 ? Did you try to contact the origional manufacturer of the bags? You may have better luck contacting them in getting a refund/new bags if you still have your online reciept.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

whip
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by whip »

I have no idea who made the bags, They did not have a tag. I held the bags up to the bike many times before putting them on and I didn't notice the one deforming at all. I had them sitting on my floor for 2 weeks before I got the brackets for them. I did not notice anything out of line with them until I put them on the bike.