leather jackets deja-vu

speelyei
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

leather jackets deja-vu

#1 Unread post by speelyei »

these seem awfully similiar:

I got this jacket for Christmas two years ago. Would you wear a jacket like this to ride?

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: leather jackets deja-vu

#2 Unread post by jonnythan »

speelyei wrote:these seem awfully similiar:

I got this jacket for Christmas two years ago. Would you wear a jacket like this to ride?
I'd definitely wear the Fox Creek one, since they tell you straight up what type of leather it's made of.

Wilson's doesn't, and I have never seen anything at Wilson's made of 1.5mm naked leather.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

speelyei
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by speelyei »

I am pretty sure they are the exact same jacket being sold by two different distributors. For what its worth, I got the wilsons version, and even without the liner, it's heavy enough to break plastic coat hangers. I have to use two.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

No way Wilson's leather is as thick or sturdy as Fox Creek. My husband and I wear leather from both places.

Now, Wilson's has great leather products, but they are fashion leather. Their sport and outdoorsy leather jackets are thicker than their nice casual dress jackets. But they are not thicker or better built than Fox Creek for riding.

You can weight both jackets on a scale, no contest, Fox creek is heavy stuff.

Besides, if you're already paying $300 for Wilson's, might as well pony up another $50 for FCL.

bigfig
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by bigfig »

Wow, I just bought the Vented Reflector Jacket from Fox Creek a couple of weeks ago and love it!

I sent an e-mail to Fox Creek Leather with a link to the Wilson’s jacket asking if they are basically from the same distributor. I'll let you know what I find out.

speelyei
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by speelyei »

hey thanks, I thought about doing that too. We were at a Wilsons a couple weeks ago, and I compared the jacket that I have to the same style/model/design that was in the store, and I would swear mine is much heavier. wierd.

redintheforest
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Comparision of jackets

#7 Unread post by redintheforest »

A customer e-mailed asking about our jackets vs. Wilson's jackets. I had e-mailed another customer some time ago and will share with you my reply:

Really, I feel that you are asking me to compare apples to oranges. Yes, they are both fruit. However, personal tastes and recipe requirements would help you decide what fruit to pick. If you are looking for a great product, when it comes to leather, you get what you pay for. Obviously you are looking for better quality, or you would not even be comparing the jackest.

I should not make comparisons or talk about our competitor's products. But I can tell you that our leather is far superior and the craftsmanship is excellent! The leather itself is very thick, yet soft and supple. 100% naked cowhide is drum dyed and worked by hand. (Often times imported leathers are very thin, overprocessed, thin, shiny, and/or stiff).

Not only are our jackets made in the USA, there is a lifetime guarantee on our clothing. Lifetime, because we really believe in what we sell and stand by our gear.

Most traditional styles are very similar between motorcycle leather manufacturers. However, the look of the jacket is where the similarities end. We designed our jackets to have features specifically for riders. Our vent system works to cool you while the zip out, full sleeve liner helps to keep you warm in cooler weather/climates. This liner also has a detachable neck warmer, which our customers do brag about. We have YKK hardware that holds up for years (and years). We have both a gun pocket and an inside breast pocket on all models. We also use perforated leather on the inside of the collar and in the sleeve gussets to reduce bulk and add to your comfort.

I could sit here for hours telling you what I think and try to convince you to purchase our jacket. Really it comes down to this: our leathers speak for them selves. Get the jacket and try it. If you don't like it, you can return it for a full refund.

Hope this was helpful. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Scarlett

onin24eagle
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by onin24eagle »

Scarlett,

Thanks for the taking the time to reply. You're stuff does look great.
Suzuki
Boulevard C50T

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#9 Unread post by Brackstone »

I've not experienced either brand of leather but I just wanted to throw my two cents in and that the price you pay is usually what you get. My Icon Leather Jacket is very heavy compared to any other leather jacket I ever put on. I feel much safer in it than my old traditional biker jacket.
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

ulrickaka
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: yuma

Re: leather jackets deja-vu

#10 Unread post by ulrickaka »

nice