Any Expertience With a MAS Police Style Jacket?

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

Any Expertience With a MAS Police Style Jacket?

#1 Unread post by RockBottom »

I was planning on getting a Foxcreek police style jacket the next time my wife wasn't looking (having bought my first motorcycle in June, I've also dropped a couple of grand on helmets, apparel and accessories over the summer, so figure I needed to lay low for a while).

But anyhow, I came across this http://www.amazon.com/Police-Motorcycle ... 540&sr=8-4 Now, I know it won't be even close to the quality of a Foxcreek or a Vanson (and is probably made in Pakistan), but it's also 1/5 the price of a Foxcreek and about 1/10 the price of a Vanson. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience and knew if they were at least adequate.

Thanks.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#2 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

The thing about "fashion leather" as opposed to motorcycle gear isn't only the styling. It is the thickness of the leather and even the thread that is used to stitch the pieces together that makes it protective.

The clear "fishing line" commonly used to construct production garments will stretch and break under stress. If the jacket comes apart, it won't protect.

If you keep an eye out, on this forum and others... ebay and craigslist, too. You quite possibly may find a gently used motorcycle jacket for sale by a rider who has gained or lost a lot of weight, or simply wants to unload some unused gear. Until then, start putting your spare change in a jar.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul