RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

Xelement Tornado Boots

#1 Unread post by RockBottom »

I ordered these on a whim from leatherup.com. I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of the leather, soles, and zipper for the money. Very rugged and breathe well. Fit was pretty much true to size. A bit wide for me, but fine with thicker socks.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Xelement-Bik ... 42279.html

They aren't designed for sports bikes--the large heel and location of the shifter panel are for cruisers. And they are made in China. But for $80 for the 9 1/2 inch and $73 for the 8 inch, they're hard to beat. In fact, after I got them I also ordered a pair of Xelement sport boots. Will review them when they arrive.

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by RockBottom »

I'm an even bigger fan now. Wrecked during the ERC. Bike landed on my foot. I not only walked away, but finished the course. The shank got kind of a hump in it, but I think I can hammer that back down. These bad boys are tough!

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

RockBottom wrote:I'm an even bigger fan now. Wrecked during the ERC. Bike landed on my foot. I not only walked away, but finished the course. The shank got kind of a hump in it, but I think I can hammer that back down. These bad boys are tough!
Is your bike OK?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by RockBottom »

HYPERR wrote:
RockBottom wrote:I'm an even bigger fan now. Wrecked during the ERC. Bike landed on my foot. I not only walked away, but finished the course. The shank got kind of a hump in it, but I think I can hammer that back down. These bad boys are tough!
Is your bike OK?
Turn signal lens needs replaced and a few scuffs on the faring (which I'll have fixed over the winter). It was still running so I used the kill switch and the other guys in the class pulled it off of me.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

RockBottom wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
Is your bike OK?
Turn signal lens needs replaced and a few scuffs on the faring (which I'll have fixed over the winter). It was still running so I used the kill switch and the other guys in the class pulled it off of me.
Sounds like the damagage was very minimal. You have a BMW 650 from what I remember? Since it's a DP type bike, it is somewhat built to suffer minimal damage when dropped.

Don't feel bad, it is much easier to tip over on a bike like yours than on a cruiser with ultra low seat height.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by RockBottom »

HYPERR wrote:
RockBottom wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
Is your bike OK?
Sounds like the damagage was very minimal. You have a BMW 650 from what I remember? Since it's a DP type bike, it is somewhat built to suffer minimal damage when dropped.

Don't feel bad, it is much easier to tip over on a bike like yours than on a cruiser with ultra low seat height.
Well, it's BMW F800ST. What happened during the Experienced Rider's Course was that I thought the instructor was signaling for me to swerve left but we was signaling for a quick stop. I started to swerve then did a quick stop but had already started turning my wheel.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

RockBottom wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
RockBottom wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
Is your bike OK?

Well, it's BMW F800ST.
Oh yeah you had it in your sig for a while didn't you? Blue one? How do you like it? I really like the GS version of that bike. :D
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by RockBottom »

HYPERR wrote: Oh yeah you had it in your sig for a while didn't you? Blue one? How do you like it? I really like the GS version of that bike. :D
I love it, but it's the only bike I've had--sporty enough to be a hoot on twisty mountain roads, upright enough to be comfortable on long rides. I've put 3800 miles on it since June, most in the past two months.