breaking in alpine gloves

alleywayriqashay
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

breaking in alpine gloves

#1 Unread post by alleywayriqashay »

well i got me a pair of full gauntlet alpinestar leather gloves. they fit almost perfectly. however my hand often fatigues from wearing them. i haven't wore them to often because of this. it dawns on me every now and then that i should just wear them more often and they will possibly "break in" from use and then become comfortable. any opinions?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

When you say fit almost perfectly, does that mean they are a bit tight?

If they are tight then yes you need to break them in....once they loosen up the blood will flow better.

alleywayriqashay
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by alleywayriqashay »

yea i guess one can say they are tight. they seam almost contoured to my hand. which seams like a rare buy. i find trouble with opening my hand all the way and i guess closing it all the way. should just walk around the apartment for a day with them. take a really long ride? the second option sounds like a fun excuse. thanks.

blues2cruise

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

You're welcome.

Another thing to try is to wear some thin gloves under your new gloves...that will help to stretch them out a bit.

jimharvey1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: breaking in alpine gloves

#5 Unread post by jimharvey1 »

alleywayriqashay wrote:well i got me a pair of full gauntlet alpinestar leather gloves. they fit almost perfectly. however my hand often fatigues from wearing them. i haven't wore them to often because of this. it dawns on me every now and then that i should just wear them more often and they will possibly "break in" from use and then become comfortable. any opinions?
Try getting them wet (soak in warm water) and wearing them till they're dry. That'll stretch them out a bit and they will better form to your hand. Then use some good leather conditioner on them.

alleywayriqashay
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by alleywayriqashay »

ha when i first posted in this forum i was actually thinking of the cowboy trick awnser that jimharvey suggested but i remember in some sitcom somebody did that with cowboy boots and they got blisters (it made sense but i wasn't sure it would work). I wore them enough yesterday and they're broken in enough for me no to complain. now i just have to break them in so that they close all the way. but thank you for that jim. i still might do it.

blues2cruise

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

An ice skating friend told me they wear wet socks inside their skates to help break them in...similar but different than wetting the whole boot.

jimharvey1
Rookie
Rookie

Breaking in leather

#8 Unread post by jimharvey1 »

Believe it or not, the best way to break in a pair of leather work boots is to slop around in wet concrete or cement with them. Wash them off really well and when they dry, oil them up really well. They get so soft and comfy that you would be amazed! (just don't stand in one place very long. ) :lol:

blues2cruise

Re: Breaking in leather

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jimharvey1 wrote:Believe it or not, the best way to break in a pair of leather work boots is to slop around in wet concrete or cement with them. Wash them off really well and when they dry, oil them up really well. They get so soft and comfy that you would be amazed! (just don't stand in one place very long. ) :lol:
You must be a construction worker. :dunno:

Zagnut
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by Zagnut »

Probably a little late on this but heres a goot tip...

When you store the new gloves, close each glove up into a fist and store them that way. if they sit that way for a while, they will mold into a curved finger shape and it wont tire your hands out. Worked great on my winter gloves.