Tail Bags

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

Tail Bags

#1 Unread post by basshole »

I just bought a new 2006 Suzuki C50 and I want to put a tail bag on it for hauling stuff back and forth to work and picking up small things at the store and lunch and lil things like that. I don't want to wear a back pack so I'm looking at tail bags. Does anybody have a good recommendation?
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

oldnslo
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model1983 Yamaha Seca 900

#2 Unread post by oldnslo »

I have always used tailpacks, the current one is an expandable one made by Eclipse, I think. Expandable is nice, because obviously, it can go from quite compact to holding tools, tire repair kit, and even a full jacket liner. Ought to work for groceries, but only consumables I've ever used mine for are a couple bottles of vodka.
If you get one, buy some seat hooks from Dennis kirk and some camper shell gasket material to protect your seat from the elastic hold-down cord. And, that perforated flat non-slip material sold in variety stores and RV centers for shelves helps to keep the pack in place, too.
John
"83 XJ900RK

IT'S ABOUT OIL, MONEY, AND POWER, ALL OF THE TIME.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by basshole »

Thanks for the input. I'll check their website out and keep ya posted. I sell neoprene so I'll use that as a protective liner. I've got a few saddlebag companies using neoprene now for some of their products.
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray