Cardo Bluetooth Helmet System

vanion2
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Cardo Bluetooth Helmet System

#1 Unread post by vanion2 »

I am a big fan of hands free communication devices. And even a bigger fan of not having wires running all over the place (especially when on my R6) so when I saw the Cardo system I had to check it out. I immediately put it back down when it said Bluetooth because I have a non-Bluetooth cell phone and was not interested in buying another phone just so I could talk while riding. It got me wondering if there was something similar out there so I got on Google and started researching. Cardo was all ready ahead of me. They have an adapter that can attach to non-Bluetooth phones.

Price: Ebay is a wonderful thing. After shipping I paid $122 US for both the Cardo helmet system and the adapter.

Performance: Crystal clear. It has a wind compensating mic, a speaker that turns up automatically based on wind noise, has no static what so ever, comes with built in rechargeable lithiom ion batteries, manual volume control, and answer/end call button (all on the helmet unit).

My phone can be set for auto-answer when the adapter is plugged into the 2.5mm headset port and I have successfully carried on conversations up to 80mph. Aside from trying to hear over the wind noise of my helmet I have had no complaints. The people on the other end had no idea I was even riding on my bike. Keep in mind I ride a sport bike so you cruiser fans with the big windshields will probably get better results.

My over all opinion? Worth every penny. I put my cell phone in my pocket and leave it there. If I need to call someone I use the voice dialing that is activated by the call answer/end button on my helmet mount. When someone calls I wait until the phone picks up and start talking. No taking the hands off the R6 at any time (except to push the call button). The only drawback I have had is the volume. It turned up so loud the first time that I was wincing in pain. I adjusted this by using the manual volume control to turn it down and everything was good.

I have had the system for 3 weeks and have only recharged the batteries once (and still haven't seen the low battery warning yet). How's that for reliability? They say talk time is approximately 7 hours. Even a teen age girl would find it hard to out last this setup. :wink:

Bottom line: You want hands free communication for your bike? Cardo Bluetooth is definitely the way to go.
Traffic? You mean the moving obstacle course?