Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2010 Yamaha V-Max VMX17 posted up.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2010 Yamaha V-Max VMX17

The legend continues.

In '85 the original V-Max turned the motorcycle world on its ear. Our engineers took a big dose of the original "Mad Max" DNA then added a bunch of Yamaha's latest sport bike technologies like our chip controlled variable intake stacks, a high tech fuel injection system and our famous fly by wire throttle. The result is the next generation VMAX. The legendary sound, engine character and amazing acceleration are all part of the design but there is a twist. The VMAX offers truly sporty handling, thanks to its lightweight aluminium chassis and fully adjustable suspension. Scorched any pavement lately?

Unlike any other motorcycle available today, the 2010 Yamaha VMAX is truly in a class of its own. The awesome acceleration and muscular beauty combines with sporty handling and Yamaha's latest electronic engine management technologies to offer an incredibly exhilarating riding experience.

The 2010 Yamaha VMAX has always been the untimate muscle bike, and the 2010 VMAX is the awesome result of its evolutionary journey. The unique features of this iconic beast are richly blended with advanced sportbike technology and forward-thinking style. It all ads up to a machine with immense performance and visual power.

There's only one VMAX.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... xVMX17.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

society909
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 86 yamaha vmax 02 Suzuki vs 800

Re: 2010 Yamaha V-Max VMX17 posted up.

#2 Unread post by society909 »

I really enjoyed my 86 vmax over the years it was a lot of fun knowing that I can blow away whatever was sitting beside me at the red light and I would shake my head and laugh anytime I had a cage that thought he could take me. Some times I would play with them and let them think they could keep up with me then pull away and leave them. I can't wait to get my hands on one of the new generation Vmaxes but I will wait a few years and get one second hand.
In all the years I had one I never seen another one in the town where I live.
I had no ideal what it was when I first got it. My wife bought it for me from a friend who traded a car for it. A couple days later we was talking to some Harley riders I wasn't even going to mention my vmax to them because I thought they would put down a Yamaha but instead they looked like they was surprised and complimented me for riding such a beast. At the time I didn't realize it was one of the fastest bikes made.
Ride like hell you'll get there

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: 2010 Yamaha V-Max VMX17 posted up.

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

I took one of the new ones out at a demo day.
I've ridden everything from Rebel 250s to 600s, 1000s, and Busas.
That beast was the only bike I've ever dismounted while shaking in both fear and adrenaline. There is absolutely nothing like knowing this stock bike, that's perfectly comfortable just cruising around, could take on a supersport and hold it's own.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha